->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:15 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:05 pm 

I'm struggling to locate a copy of 'Circumventing the Mahseer' by Macdonald (I'm ideally after the Natraj reprint from about 2003), or an ebook in something like PDF.
I have searched the web and found a couple of copies in India, though the dealers wont post to the UK.
Can anyone help? A used/clean copy would be fine.
I can get money to India.

If its of interest I have ebook copies of 'Angling in the Kumaon Lakes', 'North Punjab Fishing Club Handbook', 'The rod in India'.

Many thanks for reading!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Druridge,

In my experience it is polite to introduce yourself before posting on this forum. I'm sure if you do that and tell us a little about yourself you will receive some replies to your questions.

All the best, Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:33 pm 

Thanks Scott
Good idea! I'm a UK based angler (Northumberland), usually wild river trout on the fly locally, although this season am also making an effort after salmon on the River Coquet. I've visited India (and Sri Lanka/Nepal) since the 1970's when I worked for BP. Lately, my trips have been treks in the Himalayas; on the most recent visit three of us hired Royal Enfield Bullets and toured through Simla, Mussorie, Naini Tal , down to the Nepali border. We had a excellent time, met some great people, and we discovered mahseer (near Rishikesh). We are tentatively looking at our next trip including a fishing interlude (perhaps Garhwal/Kumaon again, we enjoyed it so much). Any help would be greatly appreciated; many thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:01 am 

For your information , I've just located both paperback & hardback reprints available in India with Gyan Books.
My copy is hopefully on its way !
Many thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:15 am 
Fishaholic

Glad that you found the book.