->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:40 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:38 am 

Hello,

I am from Kolkata and mainly did my anglings in sea while stayed abroad. But back in India getting frustrated at opportunities of angling here. There is no fun in fishing in the freshwater lakes/ponds here that allows angling with pass/day. The demands of the fishes are too much.. they doesn't settle for less than a biryani :shock: . Hence I have bought a 11 footer inflatable fishing raft and would like to hit the salt water again. But requesting some body in this forum to provide some advice whether there is any restriction on using an inflatable boat with motor for personal reasons in the coastal waters. One boat motor supplier told me that in India as of now there is no permits required for personal boats. Permit from Port Trust authority is required only for boat being used for commercial purposes. Is it true? Thanks in advance guys :-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:00 pm 
Fishaholic

I have an Intex mariner 4 inflatable raft powered by a 4 stroke Suzuki 2.5 HP outboard motor. I'm not sure on the restrictions, but it doesn't matter a lot of times in India as people just stop you for pretty much everything. I just keep a low profile and use the boat in less popular areas and I've been fine so far. I'd like to know more on the regulations as well. Let's see if someone with knowledge in this area pitches in....

Maruthu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:22 pm 
Fishaholic

@sudip any boat used in sea has to be registered in captain of ports ot fisheries dept, its easier to register a canoe than a speed boat, you need the manufacture details like size and length where it is built by the company no need to outboard driving license, but if you use a speed boat than a lot of complication and you need to do the outboard driving license.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:28 am 

@muruthu: Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Yes I too have that in mind. Would visit less crowded isolated beaches and canals that have no tourist interests to avoid troubles. Mine is also an Intex Mariner 4. Planning on an outboard most likely a Suzuki DF2 2.5HP but not sure if 2.5 hp is enough to power the boat against the strong river current.
@RaMpEr : Thank you so much!! May be I should visit the local port authority to get to know the exact process. Having legal documents to drive a car/sailing a boat would always bring peace to mind for sure.