->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:31 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Kerala Arapaima
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:33 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,

For some of you this may be interesting news, but recently after the massive floods in Kerela, someone sent me a video of a massive Arapaima that some locals in Kerela had managed getting their hands on, it was dead of course and they had loaded it into a rickshaw, needless to say that a large portion of head side and the tail side stuck out of the Rickshaw on either ends. This fish was huge and would give any of those amazon monsters a run for their money.

I did a bit of research and found that there are fish farms in Kerela that had imported Aripima years ago and have ben breeding them successfully, so for some of you guys who live down south an investigation is in order and may be the opportunity to add this behemoth to your list of conquests may not be too far fetched after all.

I also got news that the floods caused a lot of imported fishes from farms released into the local water ways, namely piranha and possibly pacu, these two could cause havoc on the eco system, but after the infestation of Mangur and Tilapia in our rivers and lakes, hope these balance each other out, wishful thinking I know, but for our anglers there are a few more species to catch and take home as you don't want these invasive species run amok.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject: Re: Kerala Arapaima
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:38 am 
Fishaholic

For those of you who do not know what an Arapaima is here is a picture, I know it sounds like a South Indian Dish, but it is a solid fish:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.