->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:26 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Fellow anglers !

Any good fishing spots nearby pune
I live in pune and have seen that most of the rivers and naalas in pune are badly polluted, but I think places on the outskirts are well enough for angling...

Please help with the places and the months of the year these places are suitable for fishing (I know monsoon is not a good season)

I myself had visited places like Bhor, bhandardara, bhima, and khadakwasla
but had no luck. this is probably because I am an amateur... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:52 am 
Fishaholic

not true.. its not because ur an amateur.. its because fishing in pune is not so great actually. unless u have lots of time at any spots.. extremely few anglers in pune acyually go freshwater fishing as much..
and the few who do guard it with their lives.. due to the scarcity issue..

secondly .. those who have some idea of how it works here.. have understood stuff thru sheer dint of effort time and money... so unfortunately you wont find any free lunches.. nothing personal really..

the best teacheris time and observation and then of course you have the forum to browse and learn..this way u wil learn ell and also care for and value what you will get and will want to maintain it too... hope fully..
all the best..

Post subject: hi friend
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 am 
Enlightened

Dear friend it is true that there are few places in pune for angler but if you have visited bhima river then you should have tasted the success...because i visit this river every week and there are decent size fishes are available.

The common fishes in that river are talapia , ells,mangur,singhara,marrals....But there are rehu and other fishes also.

I tried to catch rehu but not able to do that because i dont know what type of bait should we use for these fishes.

Last week one of my friend has caugth 2 kg of rehu on atta i was very happy seeing the fish in that river....

You visit this river you will get good fishes there..

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:50 am 
Fishaholic

hey hamour,
I think freshwater fishing is much difficult than saltwater... But the problem is it takes a lot of patience and have to sit hours for a catch. and ya as you said "experience" is one thing that helps...

Hey nirupam,
Bhima river is again a big river which actually starts after alandi and crosses the bhima town n all... so finding a good fishing spot in this 5-6 km river stretch is like finding " needle in a haystack"... but I'll try thanks for the suggesstions ! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:29 pm 
Fishaholic

... so finding a good fishing spot in this 5-6 km river stretch is like finding " needle in a haystack"... but I'll try thanks for the suggestions ! Very Happy

Dear Raka,

We walked through rough terrains in the span of 1 year and covered 40 km to find some really wonderful spot.

5 km is what we do it every week. i suggest you cover 1 km per visit.

Once you get to understand the power of spinning you'll start walking from one spot to another. There is no need to sit at one place. You need to find a new spot to cast n keep moving.

I wish luck. Do carry some water, energy bars, salt powders like electrol etc, just in case you might need them.

Cheers
<<..>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:48 pm 
Fishaholic

hi nirupam.. yes the species that you mentioned are there in the local rivers.. having said that i dont fish some simply coz they are heavily polluted.. you know which.. there are others which are better off.. and yes you do get fish from time to time.... but its not frequent.. if your happy with just tilapia and mangur and small singhara then thats fine.. coz the majority comprises of this .. for various carp.. the question of timing is important.. as in what time of year .. coz at the right time there are runs that happen from basins to the upper reaches.. to compound this as our rivers have weirs on them the run at times get stuck between two weirs before the water levels flow over into the next sections...thereby allowing the fish to move up.. to further compound this at ever section of river we have human habitation among whom commercial fishermen (bhois) also live.. they know what is happening when and where.. as the net the fish for lively hood.. hence is is important to understand the dynamics of the rivers and to have friends and accuaintances who will let you in on info.. about where the action is.. ..the latter is difficult to get coz they wont always advise correclty oz the fear that they will loose out on their lively hood ..and rightly so.. hence you see it is a huge effort to fish for carp here and speaking of murrel . its rare.. period. infact the murrel you see in the fish market (first of all you dont have an every day supply like rohu etc..) are not even from pune.. they come from ujjni backwaters.. and from some parts of karnataka and ap. the local murrel dont get as far as the fish markets .. they end up mostly at small village fishmongers whrereever the local waterbodies are .. also just so you know the variety that one moslty sees is the channa striata or striated murrel, the channa marulius or (bullseye snakehead, cobra snaked head great snakehead..all diff names same fish) is not seen much at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Raka,

When you say you visited Bhor, did you get any fish there? As far as I know, there was nothing in there till last year. The Bhatgar dam is Leased, and was stocked last year with a few fingerlings of carps. Should try fishing there some time ones the water levels go down.

Regards,
Humaid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:32 pm 
Fishaholic

hey flyhigh,

I am an amateur at angling, havent caught anything bigger than 5 to 6 inches. I am ignorant about the bait used for different kinds of fish and stuff like that...
And dont do fishing regularly, so it'll probably take me lots of time to become a good angler... thanks anyway for the help :-)

Hi humaid,

You see my profile pic thats the one of bhatghar dam. I had gone mid october during the rainy seasons when the water level was very high and they were growing rice(I think the water is still high). I also talked with a few villagers who told fishes are scarce during this season... so yes I didnt get any fishes there...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:06 am 

Do try pulgaon on Ahmednagar Road.

Bait required is earth worms,fish here love it.

Tilapia in abundance

Best time is after rain

Did try at sucide point,behind airport..need too much patience,

as the fish don't seem to bite anything,seem well fed.

Have to try other places