->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:11 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Which place to decide for this weekends trip ?
Bhor 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Indrayani 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
dams 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bhima 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:02 pm 
Fishaholic

please suggest a location for this weekend's fishing trip...
shouldn't be too far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Why not vadgaon shinde?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:29 pm 
Fishaholic

mostly only tilapia left at vadgaon shinde, might get a porus or 2 if lucky, kanusi maybe! I'm game to go there too. I was thinking we can maybe go more ahead like ahead of wagholi upto koregaon, there is a nice spot, plus we can go to the samadhi at manjiri gaon, that place had many fishes swimming. I was thinking since we are all going together we have lots of human resource, rods and reels, spinners, fresh water poppers, chuk it frogs, sorry don't have the scum frog variants yet. plus Nirupam has a couple feeders, with all our minds at work, if we all try and do something different and find out what seems to work we can have a great time. I personally feel Nirupam's Idea of Bhor sounds best this time and so my vote goes to Bhor, I mean we would still end up doing a distance of 35-40km, so why not add mabe a few more minutes and go some place different, we've been told there are Rohus there as well.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:20 pm 
Fishaholic

yes that true... with all our minds we can definitely get to something...the idea of bhor seems good... but the last time I crossed that place, about a week ago, the water had gone way down the pumphouse. dont know the depth, but I could see shrubs and trees that were emerged before...couldn't see the river bottom...I would vote for Bhor and manjiri koregaon as backup...and one more thing... wont goin in a large group attract too much local attention ? and that place is the backwater of veer dam, so is fishing allowed ? :roll: take all these factors and discuss...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:38 am 
Enlightened

Dear friends it will be fun this weekend as per the poll is concern i want to add something.

Bhor - i didnt visited this place and i dont know what type of fishes are there one of my angler friend whom i met 10 days back told me that if you want to catch rohu and kanusi then try bhor u will get them there but i have not visited this place so i dont know about the situation.

Vadgaon shinde - this place is having fish and some are big too but for last 10 days bites are disappeared so now u wll not find any angler there....i have tried 5 times but disappointed suddenly i dont know what happened there that even talapias are hard to catch now....but you will find fishes coming out to take air some big fishes....but no bites for last 10 days.....

Indraini river - the water level is very high and it i tough to get bites there also......and in nex 1 month i dont think the water level will come down so through baiting it is tough to get fish there.

This is my observation for these 2 places and if somebody hs any other option then kindly update us only 3 days remaining.....for saturday blast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 am 
Fishaholic

ok bhor it is now lets decide on the stuff to carry and all... I'll be carrying that bait i made... can somebody also carry groundbait with them ? if the current is slow or none we'll use groundbaiting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:19 pm 
Fishaholic

I have chuck it frogs, fresh water poppers and some spinners, I had made some ground bait and it has become little too old now so its time to throw it in the water, got quite a few left overs of food and dahi wada, gulab jamuns and all kinds of things which I will just dump all in a bag and carry , I'm not going to carry any of my salty lures they are too precious and expensive to loose. I know using my salt water rod and reel will not make any sense so I will use Nirupam Da's diemos and was thinking of letting my rod rest with the feeder on it. Apart from this I think most fish around pune like chappati so we all must carry loads of them, preferably some thecha along with the chappatis! if someone has a small barbeque set, lets carry it along, lets make it get together, fishing, picnic with some food. In regards with spot, after what you've told me about Bhor, many doubts are creeping in, but what the hell. I'm sure on the drive we will find areas where we can look at parking and setting up to fish, indriyani water levels are high and wont go don for sometime, and there is a spot there which has quite a few fish, but lets wait until jan end, they grow pretty big by then and are more fun, Manjiri I haven't recce in sometime so don't know but that place has fish most of the time and the current is pretty slow, however the weeds are in abundance. Like you said Rakesh, Bhor it is and must be. We've discussed what we're carrying, Nirupam has most of the rest in his car, Humaid will be coming and with his knowledge about what fish are there in the riverine systems and what bait they like in particular I'm sure he will whip up a deadly concoction they won't be able to resist. If Atul comes, he has enough spinners and artificial lures for the fresh waters. I have witnessed feeder magic in Powai once, and ever since have wanted to witness the same magic in another water body. I hope this time my wish comes true, I guess we are all set then. We're going fishing this Saturday and whoever objects can kiss my BASS!

Signing out.

Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
I have chuck it frogs, fresh water poppers and some spinners, I had made some ground bait and it has become little too old now so its time to throw it in the water, got quite a few left overs of food and dahi wada, gulab jamuns and all kinds of things which I will just dump all in a bag and carry , ..... Apart from this I think most fish around pune like chappati so we all must carry loads of them, preferably some thecha along with the chappatis!
Omesh

:roll: :roll: :roll:

looks like you are really determined to hook them with all the wide variety of mouth watering stuff :lol: :lol:
Best of Luck on your quest mate [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] hope to see you soon smiling from ear to ear with your catches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 pm 
Fishaholic

I hope so too, by the way some of the things are stale too so I guess they might like it more. I sure hope I can get a decent fish for a pic with that kind of smile....

Thank you very much for your wishes. I will call you very soon. Just been buried in work.

Regards,

Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Oh wow man you are like all pumped up for the Trip !!! :lol: good man... I'll too bring everything in my arsenal... so what time on Saturday ? just sms everyone the timing... I think we'll leave early morning and come back before sunset... what say you ?