->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:29 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fishing in South Mumbai
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm 

Hello everyone,

Fishing in south Mumbai Yuck! Polluted water, unsafe, difficult terrain, no good spots.......

Well, if this is what u r thinking then u r someone with fancy fishing gadgets and treat skilled fishing as a picnic where everything needs to be neat and tidy so u could fish.

I'd like to believe that fishing requires skills, patience and the heart to accept the difficulty in. All the fishing gadgets in the world will not get u anywhere near a catch, let alone a good one.

Lived in Mumbai for a long time and i can tell u that its not bad if you know the tricks and the heart to go beyond ones comfort zone. Please ask me where to fish what you can catch.

Post subject: fishing near kolkata
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:50 am 

Hi everyone I will be in Kolkata for a week if anyone can suggest spots and lures used in Ganges and also for salt water fishing thnx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:41 am 

Hi swaraj I stay at colaba. Can you please tell where all we can fish in south Mumbai and bait recommendations as well. I have fished at least 10 sessions in the his area catching nothing other than catfish, singada.
Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:50 pm 
Fishaholic

You can catch, a lot of fish there, good mullet and even pomfret.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:13 pm 

hi bobby, good to hear mullet and pomfret are also caught here. must have been using the wrong technique. been using prawns as bait with a normal 15-20gm lead weight on a size 6-7 hook and fishing the bottom 3-4 m waters near colaba defence area, sassoon dock. been catching singada without fail though. whats the trick for mullets and pomfret? do you have to go offshore/ boat?
regards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:23 pm 

Pomfrets are usually found in deeper waters. Never heard of them being caught from the shore.

Do correct me if I'm wrong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:47 am 
Fishaholic

Pomfret are costal fish, certainly not what you would call deep water species, I have never caught Pomfret with hook but a close friend of mine who used to fish in Colaba used to catch them sometimes.

I believe they used to catch them with atta, Pomfret feed on zooplankton and jellyfish, so catching them on atta is not a common thing, more of a fluke.

In Colaba they used to catch Mullets on krill (Marathi - zavla), I have always caught mullet with bloodworm, they will take atta too.