->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:43 pm 
Enlightened

I'm new to fishing scene in Chennai, I have over 12 years of fishing experience in Australia and keen to form a fishing circle here in Chennai.

I have seen lots of keen fishermen in Chennai on this forum but never got a chance to meet them as yet. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to plan for a fishing get-together every 1st/Last Saturday or sunday of the month so we could all meet, fish and talk about our fishing tales. We could change the location each month to make it easier for people from other side of town (e.g. one month Kovalam, one month kasimedu etc)

It would be a lot of fun to fish together and also would be much safer as i do not fancy fishing alone on the beach in dawn or dusk when most of the action is (I have lost all my belongings to some rogues at knife point few years back on the beach in ecr).

Please post your suggestions and interest and we could plan for out first Group fishing session :-)

Post subject: Nice
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:22 pm 

Seems a good idea for the beginners to learn from the experts and as well to know others.

Regards,
Jag

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:05 pm 
Enlightened

Good idea, count me in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:35 am 
Fishaholic

Good Initiative. Let it happen.

Post subject: Definitely
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:04 am 
Enlightened

Definitely! In Australia we have fishing forums similar to IA and normally we have a monthly get-together where we could meet like minded fishing enthusiast, have a few drinks, camp, BBQ and fish as a group.

I will see the interest and organise a meet soon. People who are interested please PM me your number.

Post subject: GREAT
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:03 pm 

I'll surely come. Will have the meet in Kasimedu coz it have a accessible harbor. We can plan to meet in the first week of Dec.

Post subject: Next sat or sunday?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:18 pm 
Enlightened

Im thinking of having our first catch up next saturday or sunday evening 3-7PM.

I was in Kovalam yesterday and saw few people catch few small and one 1kg'ish fish( i was not equipped with fishing gear yest :()….we could either try that spot or can try kasimedu rock pier.

Please confirm your availablity and preference of location and based on the maximum number of interest in location and date we will have our first catchup there.

you would need a casting gear set up with few poppers and shallow diverse for both the spots….so dust off your gear and lets it rolling [smilie=hellyeah.gif]

I have also enquired few fisher men in Kovalam and Mahabalipuram for catamaran hire and they are quoting about 5k for 4 hours for 4 people……so its working out about 1250 per person…..target species would be Mackarel and tuna……we could look at this also in the coming weeks if you guys are interested. Would appreciate if there are any experienced anglers willing to put us with any known catamaran fisherman and if this price is reasonable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:05 am 

Will have meet next week

Post subject: Count me in :)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:31 pm 

Let us have the meet next week saturday in Royapuram Pier :D

I know a guy who can take the katamaran ride for much less than what you have quoted.

If so i can help in setting him up.

Post subject: meet on Sunday
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:59 pm 

We can have the meet on Sunday morning or evening. This time we meet n have fishing from Jetty next time we go boating.

Post subject: kasimedu first rock pier
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:12 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Guys,

First meet will be on sunday 3:30pm to 6:30....we will be fishing t in kasimedu.

Last edited by viperdevil on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Apologies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:45 am 
Enlightened

As much as i was looking forward to the trip, due to a last minute trip I will be out of town for 2 weeks :( hence have to reschedule the dates. Apologies for the change.

Planning the meet around 27th or 28th Dec.

Post subject: Sunday 38th
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:12 pm 
Enlightened

Hi guys,

Lets have the catchup in kasimedu this sunday 28th dec 3 to 6pm.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:44 pm 
Enlightened

Monthly catchup update: We had a catch up on Christmas morning as everyone who had expressed interest was free that day

Gokul, Jagadeesh, Pravin, Ezekail, Ben and myself gathered around 6am in kasimedu on 25th morning and introduced ourselves [smilie=huggles.gif] Went down the first rock pier and started casting few different shallow and deep divers, after an hour or so of casting we relocated to another pier closer to a sunken ship and casted for about another hour and did not get any strikes so decided to call it a day.

Not a single fish caught but still we had a great time. As they say Bad day on the water is better than a good day at Office/home, we got to enjoy the sunrise, weather, hot masal vada and some nicefishy talks [smilie=happydance.gif] Thanks to everyone who came along.

We planned to have another catchup yesterday for a trolling session but cancelled sue to wind warnings. Looking forward to the next meet(I know we called it a monthly catchup but due to the overwhelming interest from our Chennai anglers, we might be catching up this coming weekend if the weather gods smile upon us).

Last edited by viperdevil on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: nice experience
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:56 pm 

It was a splendid day, the climate was too good. Learnt how to cast the spinning reel. Feel like I'm part of the nature. Expecting the other day to come.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:57 am 

Now that the climatic conditions are in favour.. lets hope to go for a trolling session this weekend.

Nevertheless the meet was fruitful in many ways :)

Regards,
Jag

Post subject: Trolling in Kasimedu
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:22 pm 
Enlightened

Got the group together at 1:50 and got onboard our trolling boat (thanks to Jagadeesh for organising the boat) we got on the water about 2 and started tying few different lures of different colours and diving depth, trolled for about few hours and then tried some bait fishing….then started trolling again till 6pm….we tried all lure colours and casted some poppers around a sunken ship but the fish dint want to play the game.

Was a beautiful day to be out on the water and we enjoyed the day on water. Was told by the fishermen that it has been a bit quiet and to try in a month or two once the water warms up. Cant wait to wet the line again.

free upload

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 pm 
Fishaholic

all the best man

Post subject: Cheers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:11 am 
Enlightened

Cheers mate, its only a matter of time before we land some decent fish [smilie=ebil-thumbup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:27 am 
Fishaholic

well done viperdevil, a lot of countries have fishing clubs, and it sounds like Chennai is joining them, thanks to the efforts of our members, I wish I was in Chennai...lol...
today with mobile phones ect there is no excuse for not keeping in touch
I hope to get fishing come November and my move to kerala for the English winter, I haven't done beach fishing so it will be trial and error, but who cares, as previously stated a bad day on the beach beats a great day in any office hands down..
so if any of you guys will be in the varkala district in November I would gladly meet-up, but whatever I catch I will report it here for you guys

Post subject: Reg the invite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:36 am 

Hello,
Thanks for the invitation, is varkala is a tourist spot. How is the fishing activity over there.
If time permits let us make a trip to Kerala.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:06 am 
Fishaholic

yes its got a few great beaches, tho ive never been yet, most angler use google earth, which is great but very few try you tube, there are some good vids on beach fishing kerala... check it out

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:47 pm 

is this still happening...the meetings!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:42 pm 
Fishaholic

change of plan guys, I am now heading for Goa come November... :D
but still expecting to do some fishing, both beach and river.... [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]
have any of you fished the river behind Majorda?
I have to check for crocodiles first....lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:27 pm 

Hi guys,

I am new to fishing arena but have my fishing equipment unused for a long time n desperately need experts in chennai to guide me. what happened to the meetups inchennai ? Pls call me if there anything planned - safer

Do not post your personal details. Please read the forum rules.