->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:58 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: MY FIRST BARRA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:41 pm 
Enlightened

................................................................................................MY FIRST BARRA..........................................................................................

On Saturday morning 7.30 am , I got a call from my new Angler friend Sandip Gosh , Sandip was recently introduced to me by none other than the undisputed Barra King and M J master of Mumbai " LIONHEART " :D while reading his posts again n again I too got inspired to go fishing regardless of the time and tide , and it was agreed between Sandip & me to go fishing on Saturday morning , at 7.30 am my all charged up new fishing partner called to say he was ready :-) I quickly gathered my tackle , met Sandip and we headed to Marve, we purchased some prawns which was much costlier than it should be in actual. On reaching Marve beach at 8:45 am I made my rig as previously instructed by Mr. Lion Heart for making a rig, I attached the small carp hook just one on my fishing line (I was told by many that the rod and reel I am carrying is not useful) as I was scared to loose my rod or reel. The pressure of wind was low and I threw my line in the peaceful waves. All I was doing is retrieving my line and casting it as far as possible.
I was doing the same thing every time. Throwing and retrieving my line after sometime to check the bait . There were some localities when they saw my rod and reel and the bait and told me with evil smile that this wont work as the bait are too small and the rod, reel and line wont work.. They told me to check the hand liners for their setup. Still I was on my decision not to lose hope and started again. Finally I got to hook up something big. My friend Sandip was overjoyed to see my fishing rod bend. But I was really upset to know what I had caught.:-( As I have loosen up the drag I came to know what was there. I took the line out and found that there was a big plastic bag. I was little depressed. I told myself that from so many weeks I am going to fish but could not land up even a small catfish. Still without losing any more time cursing myself and thinking about the plastics. I put the new bait and threw my line in the water. By the time it was 12.30 pm and I was bit tired of doing the same thing. Incoming tide started and the sinker of my line started to move with the water current. I though that lets retrieve my line and wait for some time for a smoke.

With little depression I started retrieving my line. As I was thinking to put one more hook on my line as one hook with bait on my line was not working. My line was just about on 15 to 20 meters away I could see my bait still attached to hook was on the surface as I retrieving the line it came on surface. Suddenly there was a explosive bang on the water and something took my bait , I gave a jerk to set the hook and shouted out to Sandip " I think I have hooked one" . He came closer to the water to see what it was. My cheap chinese telecopic fishing rod Red Wolf had bent completely as if it was about to break in a minute. And was reel was screaming like it will start burning any minute. I started retrieving it fast and also started moving back. Finally I landed it on the shore [smilie=happydance.gif] This was my First Fish and it was a Barramundi [smilie=happydance.gif]

Friends , Anglers and Gentlemen I present to you my First catch a Baramundi from marve beach :D

Immediately when the fish was landed I left the fish on the ground and called Sayed bhai to convey him the big news and he was truly overjoyed and in the meanwhile the barra was thrasing and rolling on the ground he wrapped my line all around him and while removing the line, the barra was badly injured as you can see in the pics so we decided not to release it back as it will not survive those cuts

That night me and Sandip we both enjoyed the tasty barra which was beautifully fried at Sandip's place ( thank you Sandip ) .
Mr. Loin Heart (Sayed Bhai) it was your words, you have told me many times don’t worry you will land up the fish using this rod and reel. Your words came true. I am really thankful to you to guide me and to encourage me every time, every where, whenever I was feeling low in this sport.

Also big thanks to Sandip my fishing partner and best of luck to him to open his barra account with a much bigger fish :D

Barra Bank Marve beach ki Jai Ho [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=upyeah.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:51 pm 
Fishaholic

great start .... congratulations mate !

cheers .. samit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:15 pm 
Enlightened

Many congratulations pal! Wish you many many more :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sagar.. that is a nice barra.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:14 pm 
Fishaholic

nice catch sagar, may you catch many more :D its my dream to catch a barramundi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice catch Sagar.

Its amazing that you hooked one while bait fishing on a dead line. Great stuff.

Seems like it was a incomming tide.

Congrats once again buddy and wish you a monster next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Hearty congrats sagar. Nice fish!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sagar!!!

Persistence paid off.

Keep it up and keep the faith.

Sanjay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 am 

Congrats..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:40 am 
Fishaholic

Thats a very fine fish to start your account Sagar... many congratulations to you...

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:59 am 
Enlightened

My Best wishes Sagar, Mate. Great job on Landing your FIRST EVER BARRA. Wishing you many more to come!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 am 

Congrats Sagar! A fine fish to start off with...

I am sure all your weekends from now on will be fully booked :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 am 
Fishaholic

@jaguar.runs >> I second that taught.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 am 
Fishaholic

Wooo Sagar, you are the man!

That really great to hear that you caught your first fish and its Barra! [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=upyeah.gif]

Wish you many more tight lines to come in the coming days....

Do stick to advice from Sayed bhai always

Thank for sharing the pic. :P

Regard
Arish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 am 
Fishaholic

raj wrote:
@jaguar.runs >> I second that taught.

Well I can't third it so now its endorsed!

Congratulations my friend! Really! Good show! I had spoken to you the day you caught the fish. Trust me its a beauty to open your account with. Be grateful the sea is close... Well I didn't get to say much or hear much the day you were fishing, I really liked your report!

@Sayed bhai! Your a rockstar everybody wants you!!.... its an eminem song do listen sometime. 8)

Well Its more than enough inspiration for me! I'm just going to sharpen my hooks until the next trip to sea! Congratulations Mr Mane once again for your wonderful kawla chitada. I'm sure you guys enjoyed. Wish you many many more.

Best Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:49 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulations Sagar, hard work always pays.

Your report is really interesting. The Barra attacked the dead Prawn as you were retrieving it. Great and it goes to show that while feeding, these fishes will take any thing. :roll:

Please post the complete setup of your rig if you can. I am curious to see the attached weight. Could it be your wait, acting like a popper, attracted the fish .

Once again, congratulations on a very fine fish.

Keep on doing it.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sagar for your first barra.

Post subject: Re: MY FIRST BARRA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 pm 
Fishaholic

sagar_mane wrote:
Hello anglers... I am going alone to aksa Beach to do fishing now. is any anglers there nearby please contact me so that i can learn something from you. Sorry friends but i am going alone coz i want to learn and dont wish to spend my leave sleeping. Anglers if there nearby mad aksa marve gorai uttan please do allow me to join you.
Please bless me so that atleast i will have the first catch today even if it is small fish. (Pl. note i am not going to take any fish home.i waill catch then and will leave the asap.
Regards

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=#50435

:D Just two months back we all saw an enthusiastic young angler join this forum desperately wanting to hook something [smilie=lol.gif] or say anything & that too with anyone fishy :lol:
Such was his desperation that he declared to go fishing alone when the weather was at its worst :shock: huge ships getting stranded and pounded at mumbai's beaches
It had been pouring all night & still raining :roll: and this young man was actually fishing all alone on a deserted Aksa beach , I very well knew that this guy will definately catch a big nasty cold but not any fish, so the worried human inside this lion took charge and { sagar had left his cell # somewhere on the forum }so I called Sagar at 3.40pm to ask him how many did he catch ?? And his reply was " nothing Sir just plastic bags , why am I not getting any fish??? " I then told him to dump all his bait in the water and go home , have a nice hot meal & we will discuss fishing later "
The next day he came at my place and met me LOL I was bombarded with dozens and dozens of queries LOL , I saw a fire , an undying desire to learn fishing in this young man :D and he had in him all the aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration in the right quantity needed to Succeed 8)

My Heartiest Congratulations [smilie=happyspin.gif] to you SAGAR for the grand & royal opening of your fish bank account with a Barramundi as your first catch [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] and that too on a flimsy chinese telescopic rod & reel , you are the first person amongst all anglers that I know of [smilie=nod.gif] to have caught a barra as a first catch { my 1st saltwater catch was a two kg silver Bream :-)
you alone are the architect of your success :-) I have no hand in it LOL Thank you for all the kind words that you said about me :-) God Bless You
My best wishes for big fishes are always with you , just one little Advice from me mate " Always be the same Goldenheart that you are now !! & Never let success corrupt your senses" :P I have seen some go nuts [smilie=dunceblock.gif] after a few hookups :P
With all those Big ones just waiting to be hooked :twisted: :twisted:
May you bag the mother of all Barras from marve -Ameen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Awesome catch there Mane :)

What a way to start :) Congrats!!! I am more jealous now ;)

Will resume our season in September :)

Thanks for sharing.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:18 pm 
Fishaholic

:lol: :lol: :lol: very nice sagar mane ji,,welcome to the barra ciub my friend,,and also the post of lionji was very touching,,sayed bahi you are always nice to new comers,,may god keep you always that way,,
sagarji enjoy your sucess good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Many many congratulation to my fishing partner Sagar.
We both have seen each other's excitement under the same sky - It was awesome experience when I saw Sagar's fishing rod bent and formed an arc shape. By that time I stoped my fishing and started watching Sagar in action.

Thanks a lot Sagar for taking me fishing with you and giving me the practical experience on how to land a big size Barra with a very simple rod and hook - You have got great skills Man.

Partner, Hope we will plan for our next trip soon.

And offcourse Sayeed Bhai is the one man behind the screen always. Thank you Sayeed Bhai for your guiding hand.

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Mate for Your 1st barra.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:06 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:07 pm 
Enlightened

@ Samitm , Atul, santosh, Dr Aamir, Raj, Kryptoz, Sanju , Toji , Dr Prasad , blackheart , Jaguar , Arish, Omesh , ali , Spoonangler , Teritex , Merwyn , Viper and white snapper :-) Thank you guys all your lovely comments , support, blessing and your kind wishes and :-) this barra has now motivated me even more all I can say that God is Great he finally rewarded my patience. After the catch I seriously was involved up with official work and could not get time to come on IA.

@ ali how to make this rig was shown to me by Sayedbhai when I met him and he gave me some sinkers for fishing, I think its custom made by the lion and you wanting to see my rig ??? I very well know LOL you are pulling my leg !! Ha ha haaa nice try LOL ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am 
Fishaholic

sagar_mane wrote:
I very well know LOL you are pulling my leg !! Ha ha haaa nice try LOL ;-)

:roll: Ahh, the best help.. a great teacher and also a keen student..

>

few MJ and couple of barra,,, :oops: and lots of mirch masala... :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:54 am 
Fishaholic

seems like i know what you are refering to bro...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Congratulations on your first barrra Sagar! Here's wishing you many more....happy fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 am 
Enlightened

santosh wrote:

:roll: Ahh, the best help.. a great teacher and also a keen student..

few MJ and couple of barra,,, :oops: and lots of mirch masala... :lol: :lol:

@ santosh :x If you have anything good to contribute about fishing on my thread you are welcome !!! Otherwise please EXCUSE ME I have no time to get into such arguments and petty quarrels.

Have a good day & happy fishing 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 am 
Enlightened

IndianAngler wrote:
Congratulations on your first barrra Sagar! Here's wishing you many more....happy fishing.

{ from the bottom of my heart} :D :D :D Thank You very much SIR

:D :D :D GOD BLESS YOU SIR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats for the catch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:31 am 
Fishaholic

Good day and happy fishing to you too sagar.. :)))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Hearty Congratulations Sagar for your First Baramundi!

A very nice Report as well. Thanks for sharing your joy and pictures.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject: Re: MY FIRST BARRA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:57 pm 
Enlightened

Hello guys....