->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:25 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Let me share some of the pics of Hyderabad Anglers and their catches

This time Im going to share the pics of Mulleys which I have come across....

1.Mr. Srinivas's 11.4kg Mulley

2.Mr. Lin's(not in pic) +10kg Mulley as it has broken the 10kg scale and Mr. Dhillon's 7kg Mulley

3. Arif Bhai from Saleem bhai's circle and his record 17lbs Mulley

4.Shadab bhai with his 6kg Mulley and a small murrel

5.Mr. Adil from Saleem bhai's circle and his 15lbs Mulley

6.Mr. Syed Waris from Saleem bhai's circle and his 5kg Mulley

7. My +4kg Mulley(my first and the only personal best so far)

8. Yaser with his Mulley(my guestimate is between 4-5kg)

9. Dilip Ji with his team catches of the day

10. Dilip Ji with his team catches of another day

11. Mahmood bhai of Saleem bhai's circle and his catch

12. Shayed bhai of Saleem bhai's circle with both 3kg of his mulleys

13. Karthikeya with his 3kg Mulley

14. Random

15. Random

16. Random

17. Random

18. Random

19. Random

These are some of the best selected pics and there are some more good reports of some big mulleys that have broken lines, missed and lost at the feet. And few more pic are not with me currently so not able to share them as of now. Till then Enjoy ;)

Last edited by arish on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:35 pm 
Fishaholic

WOW, Nice fish Arish

Will definitely ring you up next time I Visit India. Can take a train and reach Hyderabad if you are willing to take me out to your Mulley jaunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Great mulleys , do they taste good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks

@Kashaif: Why not... you are most welcome. Will take you to some of the best mulley thriving place:D

@Junaid: Yes they are good eating fish! boneless everywhere except spinal bone. Taste better just like murrel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:43 pm 
Enlightened

full Hyderabad fishing community with their prized catches are on display....brilliant one...so next time when am in Hyderabad, will be on lookout of each and every one....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:50 am 
Fishaholic

Nice catches congrats!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks

@Maneesh: These are some of them not full :)

Last edited by arish on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:52 am 
Fishaholic

some nice catches on display

Thanks for sharing Arish :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Simply awesome! I'd love to get myself one of those. Arish..... Crazy display man! when your calling me?!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks

@Omesh: Anytime brother! just buzz me when you are in Hyderabad. Hope to see you land one of them here... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 pm 
Fishaholic

On the occasion of Republic Day on 26th January we decided to go for fishing and have hooked 3 mulleys.

me with my Mulley

Shadabh bhai with his mulley no.1

Mulley no.2 of shadab bhai

Got a freaky bite from the freaky teeth of the above freak mulley. Almost dropped the fish as I freaked out. Thanks to the boulders around which blocked the escape route of the fish. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Arish and the Gang...Great going keep up the good work...

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Sandip :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Arish u missed out the story :D

anyways nice catches. How u catch these fishes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Is this in hyd Arish?Nice catches!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulation to you both..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:27 am 
Fishaholic

Ralf: Thanks Ralf, Do you want to know about the story?

Rjm: Around Hyderabad... and Thanks

Junaid: Thanks....

Guys on Sunday Salim bhai and his friends have done a record breaking feat by catching huge no. of mulleys that will leave you to wonder! Will write about their account after I gets complete story from Salim bhai! Only heard few parts of the story and Im so much impressed by it! I was also getting smses from Salim Bhai on sunday from time to time about what happening and I was like banging my head on the wall for skipping fishing on sunday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Great catch. Congrats to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:31 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Apoo :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:30 am 
Fishaholic

Finally got to share the story of the the thrilling action which Salim bhai and his friends were having in the first week of February.

It was one fine sunday and I didn't got a chance to fish on that day. Around noon, I was getting bored and remembered that I forget to update Salim bhai about my angling activities. When I sent him msg, I suddenly got a reply from him that he is having a big blast and told that they had caught 76 mulleys :shock:. I was like aghast at this stunning number just by using rods n reels by 5 anglers. Salim bhai alone had hooked 26 mulleys. I congratulated them and wanted to know more and itched myself on why I didn't got a chance that day. Another message I got back from him as reply was that he told he is now preparing to use 1kg mulley as bait :o to catch big monsters that were making them crazy. By reading this reply I got mad and was like hitting my head against wall. I replied " LOL Do it Do it, let hope you guys got 100marks ".

About an hour later I got a reply from him that they have hooked 11 more mulleys. 76 + 11 = 87 mulleys is the exact figure I can remember. It is one crazy figure that I have heard for the first time and got amazed by such a big achievement.

Then the next day I got a chance to meet with him, we had talked, talked and talked fish only and after this Salim bhai started telling about his experience that day. They were getting the shower of rain with many mulleys and during his one catch he we retrieving around 1kg mulley after hooking it. Suddenly he got a very strong pull, he was trying his best to retrieve the fish with such a crazy pulling force and within few mins of struggling all he got was half eaten mulley :shock:. The other half was taken away by the mystery.

Salim bhai went on to explain further about how strong the pulling force of this monster was and also told that about a week back he got his shoulder fractured. He got a very sharp pain in his shoulder when this monster was pulling his line madly and yet nothing stopped him from fighting this monster. After monster took away the half fish, he got an Idea of using mulley as bait, since they already have enough mulleys and they have no problem using them as bait. With one full 1kg mulley, he attached 2 trebles on mulley and they again experienced the same strong pulling force of the monsters that were roaming in water in front of them. At the end of the fishing session they had caught 3 big monster mulleys and the biggest of them was
20 pounder [smilie=holyshit.gif].

20pounder mulley caught by Abdul Waris of Salim bhai's circle.

three or four days later they had again went onto that same spot and what they did was that they had crossed 100mark that day 115 to be exact.

All the mulleys that were less than 1.5kg were released back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 am 
Fishaholic

Do mulley make good eating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Yeah Bobby they do taste good and is good table delight...

Cheers
Arish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:33 am 
Fishaholic

one of the finest mulley showcase on this forum.......keep them coming arish.

all the best
Manish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am 
Fishaholic

Waow! This is Big man. Almost as big as ur friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks a lot manish :D

Ralf: This is just one pic of the monster, simply click the pic and you can see more teaser images there... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 am 
Fishaholic

Some treat to the eyes.
Congrats.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 am 
Fishaholic

Hi guys,

You can see the pics on my blog

http://deccanangler.blogspot.com

Cheers
<<..>>
Salim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:23 pm 

Arish,

Its an interesting compilation of all the big catches around hyd in recent times, well this could just be a fraction of what is actually the ground realities. Catching Mullies [Pattan] is problay the easiest in the waters across HYD, one because of its overgrowth due to its sitting at the top of the food chain, with no known predator for this species, secondly its the same ferociously predatory nature it becomes an easy pray while spinning with spoons. Any ways its a good sport fish, and keeps one engaged during fishing sessions, the best times being early mornings or late evenings. You have nicely captured the event where Salim Bhai et al where going hammer & tongs on a cool sunday monrning in feb, the total catch exceeded 85 kgs between 5 members, i think it was the best figures achieved in any sinlge day of fishing in a lon long time.
Also present amongst the Masab Tank Gang that day was yours truly..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:41 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks a lot, If im not wrong you are the Tariq Bhai of Masab Tank Gang :D

That very true Tariq bhai, these Mulleys are just the fraction of what actually is the ground reality for most of the catches are not properly documented from Hyderabad. I have seen and heard of many people catching mulleys in/around Hyderabad yet more and more reports are appearing from time to time. You have well explained about their nature being on the top of food chain. They are mostly found in rivers, canals and lakes/reservoirs that give them good cover to hide such as rocks, boulders, man made structures etc.They can easily ambush anything that come near them. Sometime it hard to land them once they are hooked as they cover themselves under the rock instantly, thus a good fighting fish both small and big.

On my personal experience, I had caught both my Mulleys in peak noon near the man made structures, one near the bridge and other near the dam. My first big fish was abt 4-5kg mulley caught on home made spoon(made by mujju) which gave me a thrilling experience. I normally start to retrieve spoon 5-7seconds after casting, when I caught this mulley what happened is after casting spoon something unknown happened to me and retrieving the spoon was delayed by few more seconds say say 9-12seconds after casting. I started retrieving at very slow pace thinking that it too late and nothing gonna happen, but to my surprise something really strong pulled the line as if I had given a strong jerk when hook is struck on some structure under the water. I was standing on the middle of the bridge and casting on the incoming water. I suddenly started giving some loose to drag and after few mins of fighting not knowing which fish im fighting, the mulley started coming towards the bridge and ran under it. The line was rubbing against the bridge knowing that line may break and I had to suddenly give more loose to the drag and start running on the side way road of bridge as you can see the still image from recorded video below. The bridge was on the left side behind mujju who recorded the video(the video is bit rough as mujju was more interested and crazy toward watching the action himself rather than recording it[are not anglers crazy] ;)).

After some little efforts I successfully tried to bring it back from under the bridge to open flow and soon landed it in few mins. Believe me it was a thrilling experience and was my first full adrenalin rush running to and fro and here and there.

Here you can see how the bridge is laid out in the background.

Mine is just an average mulley and wonder how was the experience of those who fought with the real monster mulleys. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:23 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Arish,

That is a nice mulley.
Unlike the murrel (which tires out faster), the mulley fights ferociously and are tough to land.
A nice big mulley, around 20 lbs on a light tackle is something you will never forget for a long long time.
Congrats buddy.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Hope to fight one of them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:06 pm 

Yeah, so you have identified me correctly, your experience is well documented , believe me its the story telling which makes your fishing success even more exciting...a small correction " In my last post I mentioned that I was a part of the team with SALIM BHAI on one Sunday in Feb, which I was, but not on this particular trip, in fact the snap of our friend Pinkoo Mian holding a moster of a Mully was during this particular trip. So wish you the very best...keep fishing & keep posting in your good story telling skill...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Tariq Bhai :D