->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:27 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 am 
Fishaholic

With the recent changes to usage via Imageshack, I have had to find an alternative method of posting pictures on the Indian Angler Forum.

The procedure detailed below is only applicable to those of you who own iPads and/or iPhone , preferably with the AIRDROP feature.

1. Take a picture with the iPhone or iPad camera and then go to "Photos".

2. Choose the picture you wish to post and then click on the email icon or AirDrop the picture onto your second iPad and "Accept" it in the latter.Those lacking this feature can go directly to the next step.

3. Email this picture to yourself - this is important as this will enable you to resize the picture. When you are emailing it, you will see the file size mentioned which is usually too large to incorporate into the Forum article.

4. Click on this file size and you will have pop up windows giving you a choice of small,medium, large sizes.

5.Choose the medium size and send the email.

6.Open your email and now the correctly sized picture can be downloaded and then sent to "Save", from where you may attach it to your article.

Simple and quick BUT be warned, some of the pictures may appear upside down to others when they see your article!

To this date, I have not been able to sort out this problem. Hopefully some whiz kid may read this and give us a solution.

Kingfish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:23 am 
Fishaholic

Kingfish, I would recommend you Camera+ in ipad to click your photos. This app will click pics a little slower than the camera app in iphone, but saves the images in correct orientation.

Regards,
H.Venkatesan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:51 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks, Venkat, will try this app.

I am sure, in future, other forum members can further modify and streamline my initial technique.

Kingfish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:34 am 
Fishaholic

The above procedure is based on actual practice, in the sense that I utilise the iPhone to take the necessary outdoor pictures, due to its portability, and then transfer them to the iPad at home.

The iPad is then utilised to write the report and to attach the transferred pictures.

I have found that the iPad (even the mini version) is too cumbersome to carry when outdoors and to take any pictures,especially when fishing .

It is useful for indoor shots of static objects, such as reels and lures.

Kingfish