->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: The summer of '16
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:38 am 
Enlightened

Now it's winter in Texas (for it's worth), time to reminisce the sweltering heat and the fishing season just past. This year I tried to capture a bit more of pictures than before. Gave me more of a chance to brag a bit here and there during the lunch break.

This time around I was doing more of so of an exploratory fishing in and around my hometown. To my surprise I was lucky enough to find some really nice streams close to lakes and man made reservoirs which had some alligator gar, spotted gar, grass carp, common carp, LMB, white bass, stripped bass, freshwater Mullet and Tilapia! Yes, you read that right, Tilapia. Apparently they are a nuisance here in some streams. But mostly if not all freshwater. This should change next year as I am planning to get a Kayak and reach the saltwater flats close by to chase some tailing Redfish.

Since I have been fly fishing through and through, I have had some great opportunity to learn, by learn I mean several heartbreaking long-distance-releases. I had chances to improve my technique, learn the art of moving down stream, which has enabled me to cover a surprisingly long stretch of waters. Last time I checked my Fitbit, it had covered roughly a mile worth of productive water in a couple of hours.

Youtube is undoubtedly one of the best resources out there. Every weekday I used to come home and learn something new. This changed the way I was fishing, the tips and tricks has made me so much more effective on the water. Now I see that I fish more and catch more, read the water better and change my technique to suit the condition round the bend.

Without more adieu, some pics of my catch this season.

Tilapia! Fought well for their size, the big ones actually fought real well for my surprise.

Channel Catfish; caught so many of them that day.

Freshwater Mullet; some of the best fighters out there. Fought like a running train!

I will leave you with my current wet dream of what I plan to spend my future kid's college savings on.

Tight lines fellas!

Post subject: Re: The summer of '16
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Lovely pictures. Keep up the good work !

It will be exciting to be on a kayak and fish the saltwater and we look forward to more reports from you.

Wishing you good luck for the coming year,

Kingfish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:15 am 
Fishaholic

Nice collection especially on the fly !!
Kayak would be great for fishing saltwater flats. Stay safe and tight lines.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:01 am 
Enlightened

@Kingfish and @Binu, appreciate the kind word fellas.

I've been targeting anything other than the Bass and Sunfish this season. I've yet to reel in some Carps, currently having some landing issues, lol! Hopefully some new tricks I learned a couple of days ago should help me prevent long-distance-releases I've been having with the Carps.

The local waters here have both the grass and common Carps. Might be a good learning curve before planning a Mahseer trip to India. A few rivers close by also contain striped, white and hybrid bass!

I will definitely post a write up soon after. Cheers for the holidays and wish y'all a happy new years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice catches and photos!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulations!! Beautiful pics , thanks for the report

tight lines

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:05 am 
Enlightened