->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:09 am 
Fishaholic

Come winter season, them boys in Texas get an excuse to wear the neoprene waders and try their luck at trout. Yes, you read that right. Trout in Texas. And you don't have to be a snobbish fly angler to chase some down. But, its easier if you're one. I've been told.

Whether fly fishing or otherwise, it is extremely frustrating and painful to stand for hours together in icy cold waters and freezing temperatures. I believe the souls in search of such torment are indeed special, especially something wrong with them that is.

Speaking of the tormented souls, I couldn't wait for the trout season to begin. You see summer this year in Texas was extremely wet, by wet I mean it was extreme. Several places were flooded, which led to swollen rivers and increased temperature for the trout to survive the winter. Temperature high enough to prevent stocking until later in December.

So what does an angler do while waiting all this while? Well....... shop, duh! Yes, I shopped till my wife dropped. Couple of shipments made past her without her finding out what was going on, until one day when the shipment was so huge that the UPS guy wanted a signature. And then..... the poop actually hit the ceiling, I was half way across the country and I heard the bomb go off at home. Well, I say you live and learn. I was allowed to live after I parted with some substantial amount worth of gift for the Mrs from my work trip.

Ok.... with all the nerves calmed down, fly box stuffed to the brim, pre-rigging the setup and finally a week into trout stocking. Then this happens.

First flickin' cast, I kid you not. This burned the dude fishing next to me, who's been there for eternity. I smiled and walked away soon after.

Caught a few more that day, but lost a whole lot more. An approx. 400 mile round trip and a grin on my face throughout the ride back home..... Priceless.... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice catch. One must stay on the good side of one's wife ... I found that if you introduce her to fishing then the battle is won!

Kingfish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:05 am 
Fishaholic

@Kingfish, words of a wise man indeed!