->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:06 am 
Fishaholic

As my quest continues to experience encounters with new species, I have had tons of opportunities to learn and to adapt to different situation. This has enabled me to realize the effectiveness of fly fishing and its lack thereof under certain conditions.

Wind = baaaaaaaaaaad day, big river = a lot of wind, adaptation = lay low, side cast, roll cast, wait for your turn to cast, Add weight and strip fast. With all the above said, it's something totally different to experience.

With spring comes the White Bass runs in the local rivers here. With White Bass come the Striped Bass to feed on them. Apparently White Bass is quite tasty as table fare and they're numbers in the past few years have been steadily rising, thanks to the strict size and bag limits.

The Striped Bass however is a real surprise, transplanted here in Texas decades ago was a strain of hardier eastern and western sub species. They seemed to have carved a niche for themselves in this particular river. They were initially introduced in the lakes, but they couldn't breed in lakes and had to be stocked. Some found themselves released into the rivers below during flooding and boy was that a stroke of luck or what? Now in some rivers, they are able to reproduce naturally and surprise surprise, in Trinity River they actually migrate to the salt water estuaries! Some tagged SB's were found to travel over 30 miles in a day!

So as you can see I was pretty stoked at the idea of being able to wet lines in an attempt to contact this behemoth (some are easily over 65 lbs). I've been researching the tackle requirement for this species and I was able to procure the necessary clearance from the MRS before I made a "reckless" purchase, her words and not mine! So with all background work in place, species specific flies purchased (yes, sadly I'm not at that level as of yet, LOL!), I was ready to hit the water.

Then the water hit me! Boy was it a rough day! It was windy, high water, stained water etc. etc. Although my tackle was able to handle the conditions, I definitely wasn't! This was all new to me. So no wade fishing that day, it was all bank fishing. A bunch of people lined up along the banks, literally shoulder to shoulder! No courtesies given or etiquette followed that day. It was each man for himself. Amidst all that, I was trying to squeeze in, trying to avoid people behind me, around me and next to me. It was hot and it was hell! So as you can see, it was a bad day all in all and I returned home skunked!

I almost gave up, and then I didn't. I hit the water again and with renewed determination. This time I wasn't going to fail. So much so that I promised my wife I wouldn't come home empty handed, this time I would bring the catch home. She was surprised and checked to see if I really was me! LOL! Blame catch and release.

Luckily for me, this time around the flow was low, but the wind was baaaad. I was happy that I could wade. I made it to the end of the legal boundary to the dam and then damn! A bunch of anglers lined up with their surf rods! BLOODY SURF RODS! and I was here waiving around a 7WT butter stick. Well, you do what you can with what you have. Folks over there might be thinking I was a crazy Indian guy!

For the first couple of hours I was struggling, couldn't throw past 10' due to the head wind while facing the dam, so essentially I was useless. I turned around face the opposite direction and started to cast. I read the water and searched for possible holding spot. The first cast and CONNECT! whatever this thing was it was searching for the depth, the line started to peel and the reel started to sing! After a full 5 minutes of fight, this thing started to jump out of the water to reveal itself. There it was to my surprise, an Alligator Gar

After that there was no holding back, I connected with three more gars all of the similar size. But the first one fought the best. It was crazy how all three of them fought so differently, the last one just hung around the depth pulling the line for over 10 minutes. Amazing fish to connect at the end of the line! So after the third I moved on to some fast water to catch some SB. But ended up with this guy, a WB. I think I caught over 40 of these small ones, 10" and above are allowed.

I kept at it for a few more hours and ended up with this. 3 WB, 1 White Crappie, and 1 Freshwater Drum (Gaspergou), which was a total surprise and is very rare from what I am told.

So as you can see, my quest continues to experience a stripper to dance on my pole. LOL! Striper has one "p" by the way.

Until next time.... Tight lines and cheers.... :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:50 pm 
Fishaholic

@Ulygun

Very nice and interesting report with pictures ... that alligator gar looks like a mean fish with those
teeth in the elongated snout, must be a job releasing the fly out of its mouth.

Just wondered ... have you thought of spin fishing, ever ?

Regards,
Kingfish

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Ulygun great report, looks like you had a blast. I would love to catch one of those alligator gar sometime.
Hope you get the stripers next time. If you are in East Coast anytime during Spring or Fall, I can take you to a place in Atlantic Ocean, where you could catch striped bass on files.
Are the white bass same as white perch, they look similar in your picture but not sure. I have caught white perch here before.
About 8 years back when I used to live in Pittsburgh, I used to catch these Freshwater drum. They put a really good fight, I used to catch them using live crawfish, and also on the rebel crawfish. I can imgagine the fight on a fly rod.

Cheers,
Binu

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Edited once to add the information of White Bass

@Kingfish,
Thanks for the kind words good sir. Yes, the getting the fly out of the gar's mouth was a challenge no doubt with it thrashing around once out of the water. The issue was that the fly material was stuck in it's teeth, and that's how to catch them as you can't set the hook in the bony mouth. Finally, I had to cut some of the fly material to free this magnificent prehistoric creature.

Also, yes, I have given a thought or two recently on spin fishing, no doubt. I'd rather catch a fish than not catch one at all. Next time I hit this water I will make sure that I grab a second rod for spin fishing. Just need to stock up on some lures however!

@Binu,
Sure thing bud, next I'm around you're part of the world, definitely. As far as White Bass = White Perch? I'm not sure as the local people have different names for them. Locally here they're also called Sand Bass. I've posted some info on them here for you.

https://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/factsheet.aspx?SpeciesID=779

The Drum was a good fighter man, let me tell you, he hit for the depths and peeled some line and almost went into the backing a couple of times. The fight was a good one, I was halfhearted to actually release this guy, but then I had promised my wife!

Tight lines fellas!.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes, after repeated attempts and a couple of broken fly rods, I finally hit the pay dirt. A couple weeks ago on a calm Monday afternoon, soon after the flows calmed down to a more manageable ~1500 CFS of wade-able water, I landed my first Striped Bass. Fought like a champ for its size, of course not yet the monster you'd expect from the east or west coasts but still a river spawned maniac nonetheless.

I guess this is the best I can do with a fly rod with all the tackle I have and the tricks/techniques I know of so far. I've started a savings plan to invest in a traveling surf rod and matching tackle, any recommendations on this is hugely appreciated as I plan to carry this for any adventures in India (GT, Barra, MJ, dare I say Mahseer?). Hoping to catch a bruiser someday in these very waters.

Caught a bunch more of the White Bass, one Channel Catfish and a Freshwater Drum. All in a a good day. Here's to some more adventures on water and until next time.

Cheers......

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:00 am 
Fishaholic

Nice catches Ulygun.

Ulygun wrote:
I've started a savings plan to invest in a traveling surf rod and matching tackle, any recommendations on this is hugely appreciated as I plan to carry this for any adventures in India (GT, Barra, MJ, dare I say Mahseer?). Hoping to catch a bruiser someday in these very waters.

St Croix has a couple of travel rods.

Regards,
H.Venkatesan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:34 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Venky appreciate the info. Yes you're right I've looked at what they got but not sure if the med heavy rating they have is sufficient. What's the lure chucking requirement for a good surf rod?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats on your first striper Ulygun!

You need a rod rated for 1/2 to 2 oz and lures between 4" to 6" to be very versatile.
A big GT might be difficult to control with this set up, but you should have a lot of success otherwise.

Cheers!
Maruthu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Maruthu.

I was considering something in the range of +2 oz. but I guess they'd be considered rather heavy than medium heavy and you'll have to sacrifice a bit of the flex to achieve that. With what's available in the market its quite difficult to get one rod that can do it all.

https://goo.gl/wTTK4j

I was thinking of this rod, which seems pretty versatile and it's mixture of graphite/FG I think the flex should be good enough to enjoy a worthy opponent.

OR

https://goo.gl/6qD4dd

What do y'all think? I am all ears. Soon after however, I would need to match a reel for it.

Cheers....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:13 am 
Fishaholic

Hello Ulygun,

I am in the midst of travelling to Australia at the moment.

Will respond at length to your query on travel rods once I reach Sydney. Meanwhile, tell us how much you wish to budget for the rod and the reel.

Warm regards,
Kingfish

Last edited by kingfish on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:04 am 
Fishaholic

Hey there Kingfish.

Not sure about the $ right now as I am looking at the tackle requirements, but I'm thinking may be a <$150-$200, a total for rod and reel. Based on what I was able to find on Amazon and the link is posted above I think I can manage it for <$100.

Again, I am not planning to spend a bomb on this as this will just be a rod for larger rivers like my Striper pond here and an occasional trip to the coast as I carry a rod when I travel. Traditionally I have fly fished every where I go as most of the fly rods I have are a 4 segment 9' rods with different weights.

Cheers....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:34 am 
Fishaholic

Hello Ulygun,

As you are going to use the spinning setup infrequently, it makes sense to spend as little as possible on it within reason.

I have looked up the sites mentioned above by you and I am not familiar with any of the rods mentioned therein, although one of them has had 3 good reviews for what they may be worth.

It may be worthwhile having a look at a size 8000 Penn Battle II fishing reel (for heavier fishing in the surf) retailing for about US$85 on the same site. It is a proven reel by now, all metal construction with a respected name behind it ...just a tad heavy but that will not be a problem for you.

Just make sure that the chosen reel will fit the seat on the travel rod, from my experience some Penn reels do not fit.

Will be interesting to see what you wind up with and your opinion on the rod/reel combo after you have used it!

Good luck,
Kingfish

Last edited by kingfish on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm 
Fishaholic

In hindsight, you may be better off getting the 6000 size Battle II, it has a large enough line capacity,
adequate drag and is some 8 ozs. lighter than the 8000 size.

Only drawback may be that it is some $11 more expensive.

Kingfish

Last edited by kingfish on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:41 pm 
Fishaholic

One of the rod the rating is 4-8 ounce and the other has a aluminium reel seat. Personally I wont buy these rods..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Thats a nice healthy striped bass Ulygun!! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Are you looking at travel rods for ease of transport? Take a look at Tsunami Travel Surf Spinning Rods they are around 80$ in tackledirect.
http://www.tackledirect.com/tsunami-tra ... -rods.html
I see they have a 9'3" 3 piece rod rated 1/2 to 2 oz which should be good for most fish that you encounter from surf. St croix has a triumph surf series rods which are a bit more pricier.
You will have tons of options on reels for around a 100$ range. Stick to well known brands like Penn or a Daiwa or Shimano. Get the rod first and try to get a reel of suitable size by trying on the rod. A Shimano 5k-8k size reel would be good on these rods.

Regards
Binu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 am 
Fishaholic

I second Binu' s choice of the Tsunami Travel Surf rods.... they also have a heavier 8ft 6" version in 3 piece, if one were to specifically target GTs.

The slight problem I foresee is that these Tsunami rods, being 3 piece, will dismantle into lengths of either 34 inches or 37 inches for the longer version, whereas Ulygun has 4 piece flyrods which dismantle to 27 inch lengths. So the Tsunami rod will not fit into his present flyrod cases.

He will then have to purchase a new rod case (I recommend the Plano extendable model, which I use
and am very satisfied with) so that he can transport the new rod. He can, of course, place his fly rods into the same Plano case to consolidate his gear. One can fit 3-4 rods in the Plano.

With this done and a new reel purchased to fit the new rod ( we are not yet getting into the line, leaders, lures and other paraphernalia associated with spin fishing) he will be good to go anywhere in the world for his fishing.

Been there, done that.

Kingfish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 pm 
Fishaholic

@Kingfish, Binu, and h_venk,

Thanks a ton for all the info guys. I am looking into the Tsunami rods and a similar one from Okuma Nomad series. As far as broken length for travel are considered I am good anywhere below 36", I have a rod bag which I can fit in my regular check-in. One of my co worker is planning to retire a bunch of reels from his collection and I might strike lucky and score a 5/8 series reel from him.

Next will be the line for the reel and I plan to setup 60# braid to a 12-15# floro line using FG knot. I watched a couple of videos and this seems doable, might be difficult for a simple guy like me, but doable. In fly fishing you need to know three knots to save your life, that's it, may be a forth one for added comfort. This knot might come handy for me in future in fly fishing as well.

Soon after will come lures, since I live close to the saltwater and keeping the annual India trip in mind, I have at occasions picked up some shrimp lures like D.O.A when they were on sale and I have saved a bunch of them. Might need your expertise in selecting some hard bodied, spoon and soft plastics in the future.

Lol! I am hijacking my own post. I am thinking I will create a new post for the spin fishing evolution deal.

But before we go, I will leave you with this picture from last weekend, where I might have actually struck lucky with a fly rod.

Until my coworker mentioned about the fly rod record in local waters (currently at 9.63 lbs) and possibility of such, I never thought twice about it. I've sent the pics over to the local game authority to check for authenticity. However, I might get called out on technicalities and stuff, I guess that's what I get for not carrying a tape and scale with me, a quick after the fact girth calc comes to be 11.5lbs. But I will never forget the 10+ min long fight and freight train pull into backing a couple of times, for the rest of my life!

May all your reels scream like a hooker on dope.................. ;) Until next time....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Ulygun wrote:
Next will be the line for the reel and I plan to setup 60# braid to a 12-15# floro line using FG knot.

Might need your expertise in selecting some hard bodied, spoon and soft plastics in the future.

Unless you are targeting any sharks from the shore, I feel 60# is too much overkill. A good branded 30# braid is all you require.
In fact 20# is also good and have it in one reel and got decent sized GT and MJ with it.

Get hard bodied lures like Rapala x-rap, diawa sp minnow and yozuri lures. Get few top water plugs like poppers.
For soft plastics get those with split bellies and get those weighted swimbait hooks as well.
Swimbait hooks with spring shaped holders will hold the bait for long time without tear.

Regards,
Venkatesan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:24 am 
Fishaholic

Ulygun

Some very good advice from Venkat on lines and lures. Your 12-15 lb fluoro leader is too light and you will have to considerably up it to cope with the more demanding nature of the surf fishing terrain (rocks etc.) as well as harder fighting fish which can cut the line with their teeth or gill rakers ( barra ).

However, my suggestion would be for you to use monofilament line in the beginning, rated 15-20 lbs, until you gain more familiarity with your equipment. This will bypass the immediate need to learn the more difficult knots and the need for fluoro leaders etc.

I own the Okuma Nomad travel rods and their length is 7ft only, which will be short for shore fishing.
Also, I am not a big fan of their metallic ALPS reel seating and their knurled locking rings ... very uncomfortable. Besides, they cost nearly US $ 200 delivered!

Lots to think about but you will get there. Keep asking questions.

Hope you get the local flyrod record !

Kingfish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Ulygun,

A striper on a fly is something! Congrats!
Please keep them coming....

Maruthu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:51 am 
Fishaholic

Ulygun,

What are the 3 blood spots on the striper's flank in your last picture? Lamprey eel suction marks?

Do you have that problem in your waters?

Kingfish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:34 pm 
Fishaholic

@Lurefisher, thanks man! Sorry for the confusion however, I forgot to mention that this is a hybrid bass. Striped and White Bass mix since they're a branch off the same species.

@Kingfish, fortunately we don't have that issue in Texas. The major issue we have in our waters here is the zebra mussels. There annoying little things are slowly making their way into major water systems throughout the southern USA. I'm thinking the bite marks might be from an Alligator Gar, trying to grab the opportunity when the hybrid was on my line. It's happened before where the Gar would take a bite off the White Bass while I was reeling em in!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Ulygun wrote:
@Lurefisher, thanks man! Sorry for the confusion however, I forgot to mention that this is a hybrid bass. Striped and White Bass mix since they're a branch off the same species.

@Kingfish, fortunately we don't have that issue in Texas. The major issue we have in our waters here is the zebra mussels. There annoying little things are slowly making their way into major water systems throughout the southern USA. I'm thinking the bite marks might be from an Alligator Gar, trying to grab the opportunity when the hybrid was on my line. It's happened before where the Gar would take a bite off the White Bass while I was reeling em in!

Send 'em back with a 16/0 hook :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 am 
Fishaholic

lure_fisherman wrote:
Send 'em back with a 16/0 hook :twisted:
LOL, Ok, I'll try my best....

Update 09/10/17

As you might be aware, we were recently hit by hurricane Harvey, a storm of epic proportion dwarfed only by the might of Zeus! While waiting on the hurricane to hit town, I will admit I did some shopping mostly for line, leader material and let the Mrs. handle the non important stuff like water, food, portable stove and endless list of etc.... I am certain I will never hear the end of it as long as time will exist.

And while online I happen to fall upon a crazy deal for fiberglass fly rods! All of a sudden the old fashioned glass rods made with new glass technology were making a comeback. As you know the graphite rods being lighter than the glass rods have an inherent stiffness to them. Though they can be made more supple with the high modulus graphite, it makes them more susceptible to breakage if you handle them rough or play fish at an awkward angle, ask me how else you can break one, I've done it all! [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif] With stiffness also comes a faster action, which is good and I like fast action, gives me more line speed and helps me get the distance. The glass rods however are slower, way way way slower than most slower graphite rods. With the more progressive slower action and forgiving to immature handling if you're like me, are "fun to fish" with rods even when a dink decides to bend it and not to forget enough backbone even when a bruiser slams it. To me though, this was more of an experiment to see what the big deal was all about? And just to be an anal glass rod purist even this aspect :roll: I ended up getting a one piece 7' 4" 5WT rod, LOL I know, now I'm beating myself in the back of my head for not getting a more travel friendly unit. Don't get me wrong as it fits well enough within our vehicles, its just that it might be difficult to haul around during trips. Just to see what the fuss was all about I happened to get me one and boy was it a hoot to fish with it.

Hurricane came, hit, stayed, destroyed and left, flooded most of Texas close to sea and brought in rains of biblical proportion, dropping 50" or so in 3 days. While I was lucky enough to be spared from the wrath of the said hurricane, a lot of people weren't. After helping my friends and acquaintances to gut their homes to dry and rebuild, I was ready for some action. My usual fishing spot was destroyed, the place looked unrecognizable as during the rain the dam was fully open to prevent flooding upstream and damage to structure so the sustained flow was over 100,000 cfs! over few days. The damage to the bank on either side was just painful to watch, a whole lot of bait-fishing washed up lying dead and up to 2-3' wide at places, at this point my cellphone was in my waterproof backup to take pictures, apologies for that. Looks like the strong currents and absence of food took its toll on the small fishes and even juvenile fishes of other species as I saw a whole lot of them floating past me while I was fishing. Nonetheless, I was there, better than being at home with a long list of chores from the wife.

I outfitted the new glass rod with the existing reel, sinking line and hit the river. While wading I noticed that the river bottom had changed significantly, there were spots of semi quick sand and new structures deposited anew. Being careful I took my time and waded as far as I could. All I could notice around me were baitfish, I could literally pick a scoopful in my hands if need be, I thought to myself this is going to be bad day with so many baitfish around and the gamefish with full belly. Sure enough from mid-day till late afternoon the bite was slow and at times non-existent, more of a nibble here and there. I think short of throwing myself at them, I threw everything I had in my fly box that day, again just nibbles and no takers.

Until later in the dusk when things started to take a change for the better. I happen to catch one of my biggest White Bass ever, then I saw a tailing group of carps and buffalo, carps up ahead so I decided to stalk them. Game on! I said as the winds died down and I was able to cast further out, I had a sinking line and targeted the head of the school. Slowly stripped the line and it went tight and I thought I had snagged a rock as this thing wasn't budging. After an eternity of hauling this tire of a thing, no runs absolutely none, just pulling a tire and out comes a buffalo carp.

She put a nice bend into the glass rod and I am a happy camper. These guys are similar to carps in their feeding habits and hugging the bottom of the river in a current. Alas, my search for carp still continues....

Until a few moments later, I let the school regain their bearing and hit it 10-15 mins later. Boy was I in for a treat, the line peeled and the reel screamed! I almost lost it when I slipped on algae on top of the rock I was standing. Slowly made my way down the run, the fish was still peeling the line then headed my way, I reeled in the loose line as fast as possible. This fish took a look at my ugly face got spooked and took off for another run. Both the times tug of war was frickin' ecstatic on the rod, I slowly realized the worth of the glass rod. I didn't want to take a chance by handling the carp in water as they tend to have a rather slimy body. So I played her on until I was able to wade up to the edge of the bank and laid the fish on its side, still wet.

Now I am a believer, now I can vouch for glass as badass! Finally, my first carp ever that too on a fly and on glass, what more can a man ask for, Oh yeah, I still had to go face the wife at home with her long list of chores.....

Happy tight lines and screaming reels fellas... Until next time.... Cheers.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello Ulygun,

First of all, we are all glad that you and your family are safe and sound .

Secondly, although I don't fly fish, I share your excitement at getting new equipment and catching a new species..... I think this is a bond that all anglers share.

Thirdly, it is big hearted of you to put pictures into your articles that can be seen by everyone, without needing to log in.

This will attract newcomers to the forum and you are to be thanked for that.

Regards,
Kingfish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:18 pm 
Fishaholic

kingfish wrote:
Hello Ulygun,

First of all, we are all glad that you and your family are safe and sound .

Secondly, although I don't fly fish, I share your excitement at getting new equipment and catching a new species..... I think this is a bond that all anglers share.

Thirdly, it is big hearted of you to put pictures into your articles that can be seen by everyone, without needing to log in.

This will attract newcomers to the forum and you are to be thanked for that.

Regards,
Kingfish

You're way too kind @Kingfish, I appreciate it.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Ulygun,
I like reading your posts. Great writeup !! I am glad you were not affected much by the hurricane.
Nice job on the carp, I heard they aren't easy to fool with a fly.
I may be going to Salmon river in Pulaski NY to fish for king Salmon in a couple of weeks. But from what I have seen and heard, its mostly trying to snag one in its mouth ;). But still fun to hear the line screaming and the incredible fight they put.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:23 pm 
Fishaholic

@Binu,
Thanks man, appreciate that and you're right to call out carp being tough on fly, I had stalk this school before I got a chance to at throw 'em... Very easy to spook and to spook with something drifting right in front of they're face.

Best of luck on your trip to fight them kings, they'll bend a rod to the butt and peel out line screeching like no tomorrow. I remember snagging one and fighting for eons until the tackle broke LOL! and he disappeared into Kenai river, AK. You're also right, you'll be surprised how close to the bank you can find one when you snag them. No need for mile long casts, may be 7-10ft in front of you with a yarn tied on the hook shank (chartreuse or neon orange) with an appropriate sinker, say 5' from the hook. At least that's what we were using at Kenai. You just have to find the right holding water, usually a slack water where two currents meet, ahead of a structure or right behind it. Very seldom do they hold in riffles unless it's hot outside, in shallow runs you'll find them in a bunch!

Please post trip log with pics and videos when you return, I would love to live that moment!

Cheers.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Glad that you and your family are safe.

Nice report and thank you for posting the pics Ulygun!

Maruthu