[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
longer cast formula - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:01 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: longer cast formula
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:04 pm 
Fishaholic

this is news to me, glad you are getting more distance in casting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Did you spray WD40 onto the monofil / braid on the spool ? I understand a smooth reel internals (gears/Bail arm / roller ) would not be a factor in casting distance ?

Lure weight, line thickness, Spool design and how your line wraps onto the spool would be the factors which would be of help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 pm 
Enlightened

News indeed ......but intresting news . Ramper what strength braid (diam)......shock lead if any(strength/length) ...and weight of lure was used to get distance ??
PS: if this is the first time u have used wd40 could u please keep us posted how reel cranks in a few more sessions.......
improving casting distance is a topic a lot of us have lost sleep over .
Tight Lines .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:28 pm 
Fishaholic

i was using 50lb power pro, wire trace casting a popper 32 gms on 8 ft rod, i have been using wd 40 since last year and its the best anti rust lubricant also helps if sand is stuck in the reel, use wd 40 dont use oil when u have sand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:32 pm 
Fishaholic

i had 1/2 meter trace wire and i was able to cast around 40 to 45mts right in the wind , but i have seen people cast close to 70 mts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:10 am 
Enlightened

many thanks for the input ramper
Tight lines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Ashoks post for distance.Also WD 40 is to be used only to loosen rusted nuts and screws. Actually WD 40 IS BAD FOR THE REELS . Use reel lubricant or any lubricants used for sewing machines and cycles.

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 pm 
Fishaholic

@jeen spray some wd 40 on braid and see the way it moves out of your reel, all wind knots also come out easy, as for reel if i spray wd 40 always follow it up with machine oil :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Please use caution when spraying equipment with WD40. As Jeen rightly mentioned, WD40 is a degreaser and will penetrate your reels and remove lubrication. WD40 should be sprayed onto a cloth and then use the cloth to wipe your reel clean. Do not spray directly.

Cheers
Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 pm 
Fishaholic

WD-40 is a water displacement spray. Norm Larsen arrived at the formula on his 40th attempt so it is called WD-40( Water Displacement 40th Formula). The main ingredient is a deep penetrating oil wihich provides lubrication and disperses water. Use it with caution as we dont know the effect of it on braid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 pm 
Fishaholic

ok after testing it without any problems or breakups, i think its safe, i used anabonds 60 which is same like wd 40, and the braid is as good as it was before using it.
so it helps to cast longer and easy to get rid of wind knots if any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:55 pm 

From my personnel experience@spraying WD40will make the reel very free initially ....if you continue to use the reel same way it slowly looses balance as the gear mechanism is damaged (WD40 is a degreaser )........always make sure to use lot of reel oil after cleaningwith WD40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm 
Fishaholic

actually i dont spray wd 40 on the entier reel it only on the braided line. so no harm done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 pm 
Fishaholic

I use Mechaine oil to clean my reels, May i know what is the WD40 ?