->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:57 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 am 
Fishaholic

Bengals Fishing Baits Varieties :

Bengals anglers are very careful about their baits.. a cold war always running between every angler.. and uses of so many types of baits used in Bengal.. I visited most of the pass lakes of Bengal and wodering myself for the use of varieties of the baits… here I am shared some of the most used baits of Bengal, what they called at bengal and there making preparations…..

At first Ground Bait:

1. Peanut oil cake or Rice Husk socked with Matured Rum (For Catla) or Vodka (For Rohu)
2. Tamak Char:
3. Mohul:
4. Rasun Khol: Mustard oil cake roasted with Garlic and Coconut oil.
5. Bene Masala:
6. Coconut Fermented.
7. Paneer Fermented.(for American carp and mrigel)
8. Fire ants egg fermented.(For American carp and mrigel)
9. Hadia wastage. We called it panchui metha.(for American carp, silver carp and briged carp)
10. Lal bakos:
11. Sada Bakos:.
12. Butter recedue, we called it makhhan ghad.
13. Katla lei:)
14. Rohu lei:
15. Charai polao:

And also uses kalo char, gol char, rohu tamak, triranga guthka, afin etc etc … bt all the formulas I didn’t know. That’s all about Bengals ground bait.. some baits missing bcoz every angler and charai shop make their own racipies… but that’s all the basic baits thrown in the water of the pass lake for ground baiting….And yes if any Bengals angler have some extra bait specially north Bengals anglers then plz share with us…. And complete the list…

Last edited by biltu308 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 pm 

Thanks biltu for the information there in. i will be very thank full to you for the detailed information. and i think it will help many of us (Novice anglers ) like me. Thanks Again.

Regards,
Sutanu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:51 am 
Enlightened

i have a formula of making sada bakor and it always works..
ingredients
1. Aromatic Rice (1kg)
2. coconut oil (750 gms)
3. ghee (300 gms)
4. elachi (3 pic)
5. tezpata (2 pic)
6. daruchini (1pic)
7. jaifol (4 pic)
8. garlic (3 pic)
9.hing (10gms)
first take the rice and boiled with tezpata,elachi,and daruchini.. u have to look that no water is left on the rice.
then wait for 1 hour.
in a pan take ole and ghee .
in a low stream pord the boiled rice and rost for some munites (2 munites)
when it become cool pord it into a airtight jar and keep it in shade..
after 3 days mix hing, rosted jaifol powder and garlic..

after 1 weak your sada bakor is ready...

it is my own formula and i am sure big fish will always come...

Last edited by susanta jana on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:54 am 
Enlightened

biltu u r superb but u r not mentioning the quantity..
it will help us if u mentioning the quantity...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:29 pm 

susant,what is coconut ole?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:55 am 

Biltu how to use this katla lai & rohu lai.............

regards
suvankar

Post subject: Katla and Rohu lei
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:34 pm 
Fishaholic

subhankar when you realized that katla or rohu is not in your bait area then you should use katla or rohu lei..... and you can use several times on these bait mixtures...

and yes when u see your side sitter catch fishes after fishes and u ?????????
then must use these types of lei..... must have good result.. :-) and also u have some enimies of your side seat.. :x :x :x :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:51 am 

thanks a lot Biltu .................i will try .......

regards
suvankar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 pm 
Enlightened

it is Coconut oil i do mistake in my speling .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:39 am 

biltu308 wrote:

Bengals anglers are very careful about their baits.. a cold war always running between every angler.. and uses of so many types of baits used in Bengal.. I visited most of the pass lakes of Bengal and wodering myself for the use of varieties of the baits… here I am shared some of the most used baits of Bengal, what they called at bengal and there making preparations…..

At first Ground Bait:

1. Peanut oil cake or Rice Husk socked with Matured Rum (For Catla) or Vodka (For Rohu)
2. Tamak Char: Mixed up all and store in a airtight container for 2 months = Butter Recedue, Mohua Flower paste, Coconut Oil, Ghee, Alcohol, Gur (Molasses), Herbs Mixture (ekanki, methi, ghorboch, buchkidana, kangla, lata kasturi, jata munsi, tambul, abubel, kure)
3. Mohul: Mohua flower paste socked with desi alcohol, sweetner and coconut oil.
5. Bene Masala: All types of herbs powder with Butter recedue or Mustard oil cake.
6. Coconut Fermented.
9. Hadia wastage. We called it panchui metha.(for American carp, silver carp and briged carp)
10. Lal bakos: Aromatic rice with ghee, coconut oil, hadia tablet powder, mango flavored ginger, ekanki, methi, abubel, ghorboch, kangla, buchkidana, javitri, jaifhul.
11. Sada Bakos: Aromatic Rice with ghee, coconut oil, hadia tablet, garlic paste, green elachi.
13. Katla lei: Corn Powder, hadia, coconut fermented, sweet ghad, polao (used for katla and silver carp)
14. Rohu lei: Rasun khol with lal bakos, coconut fermented and rice. (used for rohu)
15. Charai polao: rice with ghee and some masala…… this is for ground baiting.. and uses with rum or other alcohol with it depending targeting fish types…

And also uses kalo char, gol char, rohu tamak, triranga guthka, afin etc etc … bt all the formulas I didn’t know. That’s all about Bengals ground bait.. some baits missing bcoz every angler and charai shop make their own racipies… but that’s all the basic baits thrown in the water of the pass lake for ground baiting….And yes if any Bengals angler have some extra bait specially north Bengals anglers then plz share with us…. And complete the list…
That’s all for the ground bait… next day I discussing hook bait racipies to all of you…

Hi biltu....still waiting for ur hook bait recipies.....!!!!! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:16 pm 

hi biltu n susanta sir iam new in the forum. sir thanks for your ground bait secret for rohu .but sir i am wating for your secret hook bait bcz im alws flop in rohu fishing i hope u help me biltu n susanta sir n many more secret tips thanx sir (sorry to my english wording n lengu)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:33 am 
Fishaholic

Hi dino011,
for new anglers bengals bene masla is a perfect ground bait and sarch tutuns thread for bread base hook bait.
regards
arefin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:57 pm 

Arefin wrote:
Hi dino011,
for new anglers bengals bene masla is a perfect ground bait and sarch tutuns thread for bread base hook bait.
regards
arefin

bengals bene masla it not avelabal in (m.p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Quote:
bengals bene masla it not avelabal in (m.p)

That's why it is called Bengal Bene Masala :lol: :lol:

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Here is the preparation of bene masla by Biltu308

Ekanki = 100gms
Ghorboch = 100gms
Methi = 50gms
Abubel = 50gms
Kanglas = 100gms
Buchkidana = 50gms
lata Kasturi = 50gms
Jata Munshi = 15gms
Kure = 50gms
Javitri = 20gms
Jaiful = 4pcs
Taj = 50gms
daruchini = 25gms

Rosted each separately and then paste and mix. Then add 1kg of Sorisha khoil with these Mixtures. Your bene masala is ready.

Using bene masala as GroundBait : take 150 gms benemasala with Some soil.

Post subject: thx for reply me
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:10 pm 

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:18 am Post subject: Re: thanx to biltu n susanta sir
Hi Dino I am from jabalpur you can use indian desi liqure hand made mauha wali daru with atta or gram powder after that you see result.

thx sir i.ll try your resepi but sir how to parchesh bene masala in mp here is no shop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:31 am 

**** English only *****

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:53 pm 

1-Ekanki = 100gms
2-Ghorboch = 100gms
3-Methi = 50gms
4-Abubel = 50gms
5-Kanglas = 100gms
6-Buchkidana = 50gms
7-lata Kasturi = 50gms
8-Jata Munshi = 15gms
9-Kure = 50gms
10-Javitri = 20gms
11-Jaiful = 4pcs
12-Taj = 50gms
12-daruchini = 25gms

ANY BODY POST THE PICTURE OF 2,4,5,6,7,8,9, AND ALSO POST THE SUJI LADDU BAIT. specially biltu308 AND tutan. OR ANY BODY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:22 pm 
Enlightened

Woow.. You need a chef to prepare for the bait ... Interesting.. unfortunately I new little but few of the list of ingredient ... I have so little knowledge of preparation for fresh water fishing ... totally lost ... have done so little even at my native place... need to learn some from you guys... keep it up... enriched this forum with your know how .. keep this forum alive ...
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:14 pm 

1-Ekanki = 100gms
2-Ghorboch = 100gms
3-Methi = 50gms
4-Abubel = 50gms
5-Kanglas = 100gms
6-Buchkidana = 50gms
7-lata Kasturi = 50gms
8-Jata Munshi = 15gms
9-Kure = 50gms
10-Javitri = 20gms
11-Jaiful = 4pcs
12-Taj = 50gms
12-daruchini = 25gms

ANY BODY POST THE PICTURE OF 2,4,5,6,9, AND ALSO POST THE SUJI LADDU BAIT. specially biltu308 AND tutan. OR ANY BODY.

I SHORT THE PICTURE LIST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:03 am 
Enlightened

Hi...

Interesting info and I am hoping with some English names for the recipes of your trusted bait... I might try it out at my native place.

Regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:33 pm 

Hi ,
Can anyone of you share some ideas of Bait preparation for Catla fish using Sattoo??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:59 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajdeep,

Usually sattoo is used as ladoo bait for catla with julphies. But I am using sattoo with bread crumbs as single hook bait for catla. Try the following:-

Roast sattoo on low heat with ghee and small qty of akanki powder. When it cools down, add bread crumbs, hadia and honey. Make the bait little soft.

regards,
Arefin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:19 am 

Thanks a lot Arefin. I will try this one in my next trip.
As you said, generally I use jhoopies for sattoo bait. I have had some success also. But many a time it has happened that the bait is not at all up to the mark and hardly any luck throughout the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:47 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajdeep,
I have had also use satto laddu several times and got success only with rohu and bighead carp. But got success for the targeted catla with the mentioned satto and bread crumbs bait. I think now a days satto is used as laddu bait so extensively that fishes already knows that it is trouble some.

Happy fishing
Arefin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:27 pm 

please tell me 'chara chati' masala for
catla,rohu,bright carp,silver carp fishes
in west bengal pond in rainy season.please
suggesation me....abot this...[/img]

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:38 pm 

please help me for "chara chati" masala for rohu,katla,specially brighat carp & silver carp.
"chara chati" means one bamboo stick his mid point has contain 'chara' in the pond then fishing line drop near of the baboo stick and hooks are stay on this specially mid point of contain chara.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Chara chatai and the method of angling as mentioned by kundu seems to be interesting. I have no idea about that but heard about same type of fishing for cats in shallow depths near the bank. Hope bong members can well describe it.

regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:04 pm 

Arefin,
I am well aware of it. It is a brutal type of fishing. In small depth about 10-12 ft from the bank one bamboo stick is fixed in that manner that its thin upper portion is above the water . Then one bamboo about 10 inches thinned and longitudinally cut into 6 to 8 cuts with two open ends tied up to make a cone shape. Now it is filled with bait mixture or 'chara'. It is now put through the bamboo stick and fixed about 4-5 ft under the water above the bottom A wooden platform or machan often built to adjust the rod to the charakathi. Now the set up is two big hooks with a float. It is suspended along the bamboo stick just below the cone shaped feeder filled with bait. When a fish come in search of food it hits the feeder and the bamboo stick starts to move signaling the presence of fish. When the fish touches the empty hook the float moves and the angler(hunter?) pulls the rod and hooking the fish with the empty big hooks mostly on belly or head. The fish surely dies . A brutal process of fishing.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:35 am 
Fishaholic

Dream Fish,

Thank you very much brother to clarify the method. I am not interested in such brutal type of fishing nor encourage any one to do it. I am happy with the simple approach. In this part such brutal method in different forms are also exists.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:06 pm 

Biltu3008,
Dear Dada,
what is the process, ingredients and quantity of ingredients of Masala chattu? please tell us for success anglinger in a pass pukur.
please tell .
Thanks and regards.
KGD
Angling by heart.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear KGD,

From last June there is no post from Biltu. Hope he will reply to your request and will come back to the forum with some new unbeatable recipes for us.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:49 pm 

Biltu is absent for a long time. I also pm to him but no reply. He actually made a great contribution to this forum through his magical writing which was just a very secret formula among the bong anglers for fresh water carp angling. Hats off to him. Waiting for his return.
Krishnagopal babu,
It will be difficult for you to get success in a pass pond. You have to asses the water, type of target fish, set up you using etc. Only a magical bait will not give you a success. Above all in angling luck is a must. I am giving you a formula of masala chhatu. Try this. But you may have to use 6 hook set up.
1. Chhatu (roasted gram flower)- 500 GMs.
2. Bhutta chhatu ( corn flower)- 500 GMs.
3. Badam (ground nut) - 100 GMs.
4. Cashew nut - 100 GMs.
5.Ekangi- 75GMs
6. Chhoto elach (cardamom)- 75 gms.
7. Ghee- 100 GMs.
First roast ekangi and elach in dry heat slightly. Just to raise the smell. Do not burn it. In a grinder finely grind and mix. Keep aside. Mix the gram and corn flowers evenly. Take a pan. Heat the ghee in a pan and mix the flowers with it. Stir it in a low flame. Mix the nut powder with it. Put off the flame allow to cool down. Then mix the masala powder evenly. Put in a air tight jar and use within a month. Target fish is katla.
Hoping for your screaming reel..... Tamal

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:04 am 
Fishaholic

Thank you Tamal for the recipe. Here almost every one using this recipe and some one also adding rice flour with it. My brother adding ant eggs, strawberry and milk essence landed Rohu and Mrigals too with it. I was not aware that it is the so called masala chhatu, we know it as basic chhatu bait. Any way same thing has different names in different places.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:29 pm 

Best ground baiting for all type of fishes like rohu Carla mrigel etc. Tell me the process.
And also the best hook bait. Please reply me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:23 pm 

What we can add in masala chatu to tight enough for hook baits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:33 am 

Can any one say the system of fish catching in Damodar river?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:49 pm 

biltu308 wrote:

At first Ground Bait:

2. Tamak Char:
3. Mohul:
5. Bene Masala:
6. Coconut Fermented.
10. Lal bakos:
14. Rohu lei:
15. Charai polao:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:50 pm 

I want to meet with you personally.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 pm 

sutanuhardtalks wrote:
biltu308 wrote:

At first Ground Bait:

2. Tamak Char: Mixed up all and store in a airtight container for 2 months = Butter Recedue, Mohua Flower paste, Coconut Oil, Ghee, Alcohol, Gur (Molasses), Herbs Mixture (ekanki, methi, ghorboch, buchkidana, kangla, lata kasturi, jata munsi, tambul, abubel, kure)
3. Mohul: Mohua flower paste socked with desi alcohol, sweetner and coconut oil.
5. Bene Masala: All types of herbs powder with Butter recedue or Mustard oil cake.
6. Coconut Fermented.
10. Lal bakos: Aromatic rice with ghee, coconut oil, hadia tablet powder, mango flavored ginger, ekanki, methi, abubel, ghorboch, kangla, buchkidana, javitri, jaifhul.
11. Sada Bakos: Aromatic Rice with ghee, coconut oil, hadia tablet, garlic paste, green elachi.
13. Katla lei: Corn Powder, hadia, coconut fermented, sweet ghad, polao (used for katla and silver carp)
14. Rohu lei: Rasun khol with lal bakos, coconut fermented and rice. (used for rohu)
15. Charai polao: rice with ghee and some masala…… this is for ground baiting.. and uses with rum or other alcohol with it depending targeting fish types…

That’s all for the ground bait… next day I discussing hook bait racipies to all of you…

Hi biltu....still waiting for ur hook bait recipies.....!!!!! :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:07 pm 

Can anyone tell me what is kure?Plz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:29 pm 

biltu308 wrote:

At first Ground Bait:

2. Tamak Char:
3. Mohul:
5. Bene Masala:
6. Coconut Fermented.
10. Lal bakos:
14. Rohu lei:
15. Charai polao: