->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:01 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Importance of Swivels
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi friends,
I have some doubts, hope it will be cleared by you.

Till now I am tying my lure directly with the line. But some experts have suggested that this is not the way. It will damage the line. And they have suggested to use SWIVEL and SNAP SWIVEL to the line along with the leader.

It will provide strength to the line and through this lure could be changed fast. The most important thing they have suggested that this will also save the lures from snags and sharp tooth if WIRE TRACE used.

Well lots of good things :roll: , but some doubts in mind are there...

I wanted to know how do you use these things? Do you guys use it all the time or in any specific purpose?
After your fishing, isn't it making trouble to untie these things from the line so that you can roll your line into the reel.

And if you are using these stuffs, will you recommend me what size swivel, snap swivel and wire trace I should use :?:

If you guys can post some pics to understand this then it will help more..

Thanking you,

PRADEEP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:57 pm 
Fishaholic

you use it all the time, once you start using it you will understand there's not real troubles of untying as you just keep the same wivel and leader aside and reel in the rest of the line, can cut the knot. don't need to untie a wee bit of line won't really matter. It definitely gives many advantages. and size doesn't matter much by try using the small swivels the bigger (fat) ones might hamper the action of the lure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Omesh,

thanks bro for your reply.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:14 pm 
Enlightened

To some, tying the main line, or shock leader (if main line is braid) directly to the lure allows the natural movement of the lure to swim as it was designed.

To some, the more joints you have on your line, the weaker and less natural the lure works.

But the Swivel allows the line to take the punishment when you are fighting the fish... movement will mostly be at the swivel, not the line.

The principal is, the more the line get twisted, the weaker it will be (esp mono) ... also the higher possiblity to get a "bird nest"(esp on baitcaster).

The rule is.. always matched the poundage of your tackle and the drag setting... the choice shall be loosing the fish or the lure ...

Thight lines...

pradeepSWAIN wrote:
Hi friends,
I have some doubts, hope it will be cleared by you.

Till now I am tying my lure directly with the line. But some experts have suggested that this is not the way. It will damage the line. And they have suggested to use SWIVEL and SNAP SWIVEL to the line along with the leader.

It will provide strength to the line and through this lure could be changed fast. The most important thing they have suggested that this will also save the lures from snags and sharp tooth if WIRE TRACE used.

Well lots of good things :roll: , but some doubts in mind are there...

I wanted to know how do you use these things? Do you guys use it all the time or in any specific purpose?
After your fishing, isn't it making trouble to untie these things from the line so that you can roll your line into the reel.

And if you are using these stuffs, will you recommend me what size swivel, snap swivel and wire trace I should use :?:

If you guys can post some pics to understand this then it will help more..

Thanking you,

PRADEEP.