->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:42 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm 

Hey hallo

today i wanted to share u my recipe for pre bait and ground bait is use for catching carps and grascarps. Maybe this might help some of you or u can also give me suggestions on improving my carp baits. pls note this bait will basically work for carp and grascarp best. Don't expect the Catla to bite :)

I am trying to keep it as simple as possible for when i mix my Groundbait:

1.)Ingredients : birdfood (I use food that contains flax seeds) , Coconut narus , Canned corn (you can also use hard corn but you have to soke it in water maybe a day, and the advantage with canned corn is that you can add that corn water which comes in the can later to the food instead of water ... gives you that extra bit of fragrance ) , Bread crumps, Sugar (i always had good experience with sweet ground baits) , if you wish some vanilla extract or strawberry extract

Basically you can find all that stuff pretty cheap in a common grocery store

before you add Narus pls crush them fine

2.) Now i start mixing my bait starting with 300 g bird food and the same amount of breadcrumps

3.)After this add a bit of your corn (not yet the corn water ). Usually when i prepare my food i tend to put more corn if i wish to pre bait for 3-4 days on a specific spot and a bit of less corn in my bait on the day of fishing.

4.)Add the crushed narus and a tiny amount of a fragrance like Vanilla or Strawberry ( really pls not that much )

5.) Now its time to add some fluid to keep things holding together. Istead of water u should use the corn water from the can. Add a little than mix .. is it not enough add again a little. Remember too less is still better than too much) Consistency should be like that , that you can form a ball the size of a fist which you can throw and which as soon as it is the ground slowly falls apart. In that way it creates a nice cloud of fragrance.

The finished food like that :

I made good experience if i pre bait my pond a 2-3 days before always on the same spot at the same time.

On the day of fishing I use 1 rod with coconut flavoured boilies on a hair rig (If no boilies are available i just use plain Narus on a hair.... they just need to be exchanged a bit more often than usual boilies but bolies are not available here in bangladesh and i cannot always bring them from abroad ) on the other rod i use a hair rig aswell with 4-5 pcs of corn in a chain

I hope i could give you some ideas ... i know my ground bait sounds a bit strange to some of you but thats how i did it in germany before i moved to Bangladesh. But the species of fish im going after is in Germany the same than in BD common carp and grascarp. And as you can see it also works here :

pls note in my pond i have 7 different species including Rohus, Catla , Common Carp, Mrigal , Grascarp , and pangas and they still are not too big yet ... still looking for a nice lake which hure carps around dhaka

enjoy and pls comment

Razon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Razon,
There are several angling locations in dhaka where you can check the effectiveness of your bait such as zoo lake, parlament lake and dhanmondi lake. But in my opinion every bait for carp angling must have two basic characteristaics, it should have good smell to attract fish and it should be acceptable as food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:44 pm 

Hi erafin
Can you me tell about how long we do prebait and depth that is important
Generally i do it in five meter destens and also successful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:57 pm 

Hi erafin
Can you me tell about how long we do prebait and depth that is important
Generally i do it in five meter destens and also successful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Zubair,
Nature of lake bed has a great roll selecting the spot for placing your baits for bottom fishing. Placing your baits on hard or graveled bed will increase your hookup chances for many factors. Big carps by nature are very shy and usually feel safe locating in the deep water. But for float fishing during rainy season when the lake is full, margins will be a good choice as natural foods with running water comes to the lake and fishes loves them. When you are fishing too close special precaution needs to be taken (noise, vibration even your cloth color) to make this spot feel safe for fishes. I always prefer bottom fishing and my ground baiting are usually done from 60 to 120 fts depending upon the nature of the lake.
Regards
Arefin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 pm 

Hi arefin
Great information for me thanks a lot i will tru this