->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:05 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:18 am 

Went to powai second consecutive weekend without getting a single bite. Gone through the internet, did some research. Went out to the water with a hair rig and bait made of bread butter strawberry syrup, oats corn and mashed bananas. Did not get a single bite. I was fishing with a heavy lead at the bottom. Half way I saw the anglers next to me land a ,10 pounder rohu. He was using a float set up. Figure that's the Hyderabad style rig that been reading in this forum. Can any one help to get the rig right.
My 6 year old son Joshua seems to now think that I am purposefully not catching fish when all others around me are. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:33 am 
Fishaholic

Dear Majeesh,
Read the post viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4678, you will have some idea about float set-up. If you are new in angling then it will be best to learn from Seniors where you are angling. Regarding your bait you have used too many flavours (butter, strawberry and banana). Try to use any single of them in your bait. There are a good number of experienced anglers angling at powai, try to get in touch with them. Soon you will understand this sport better.
Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:45 pm 

thanks arefin for the input. guess it would be best to enroll as an apprentice and learn from one of the seniors. The bait above was from ideas gathered from the internet, mostly european. Local knowledge sure is a must.
regards,
majeesh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Anything you can find about rigs for fishing for Siammese carp in Thailand will work for Catla.
Generally, a suspended feeder to create a cloud and a small bait on a small hook suspended close (less than 10cm) below the feeder is the way to go.