->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:05 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: winter bait
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:40 pm 

Hi,

Can anybody suggest bait effective in these winter season have bite nothing @ carp fish nowadays any technique pls suggest.

umaknta

Post subject: Re: winter bait
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:12 pm 

Hi,
Use country liquor with your ground bait to get effective result. in winter, the movement of the fishes become very slow, hence naturally u will get less bite, so patience is the key of success in winter.
Another point, if you are using butter/coconut oil in your bait, try to use very less. Ow it will make the bait very hard in cold water, hence fish will be unable to take the bait.

Thanks,

Dhruba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:45 am 

well dhruba will try seour country liquor in the sense liquor available locally or others like whisky or voda can be use or not pls specify if i have to use as ground bait it will be mixing with ground bait ingredent with liquor if these is to attract fish then what i need to use as hook bait do i need to mix alcohol in the hook bait too pls suggest and what are the common bait used in bengal wish to know for all season commonly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:31 pm 
Fishaholic

In winter carps normally does not take baits containing too much oils or butter because they cannot digest it. For adding any liquor in ground bait, it should be added as less as possible. If too much is added the fish will go to high and there will be no bite but only mad splashes over the ground baited area. Another thing if liquor is added in the ground bait, same need to be added in hook baits also. From my limited experience I have found baits containing more sweetener works well in winter. Use of predigested/nicely fermented baits gives more chances of take, as they are full of nutrients and enzymes and can be easily digested by the carps.