->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:35 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:27 am 
Fishaholic

Hello fellow anglers,

It will be interesting to learn what are (is) the most popular saltwater reels used amongst members in
India.

Even if 1% of our membership answer, we should have a good cross section of brands used and perhaps find the most popular brand of reel.

I would venture out on a limb and say that perhaps Shimano reels are the most popular here in Australia, with the Stradic models possibly selling the most.

I sense that in the US, Penn reels possibly rule the roost .....they have too many diverse models to pick the most popular.

Perhaps Binu and Ulygun can shed some more light on this?

Kingfish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Kingfish,

I've been using a Shimano SLX 151HG reel most of the time these days. But, I haven't yet seen another angler use this reel here in India so far. We have a Shimano Stradic 3000 reel paired to a 6' rod that we bought for Annette to use, but I fish it sometimes as well and love the setup.

Regards,
Maruthu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:59 am 
Fishaholic

For the surf, I have seen a lot of people fish the Shimano Saragosa. Different penn reels are popular.
Shimano stradic is popular for light summer fishing,
Daiwa Bg is also popular these days. I don't see many people fish conventional reels here, I see two people who fish Abu here in the spots I usually fish.
One spot where I fish is about 1.5-2 mile walk to get to the spot and only the serious surfcasters fish there, especially at night. Many of them fish Van staals there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:06 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Maruthu and Binu for your input.

Let us wait to hear from other anglers in India, perhaps they can shed some light on their reel choices.

Kingfish