->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Need suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:28 am 

Hi,
i have planned to get a Daiwa Beefstick SA Surf Spinning Rod Model: BFSA902MHRS LENGTH: 9'0" POWER: Medium Heavy with a Daiwa Crossfire 3Bi 4000 Spinning Reel Model: CF4000-3Bi GEAR RATIO: 5.3 : 1

Any suggestions if that willbe a good combination for freshwater and saltwater fishing, would require for heavy as well as normal fishing and I dont mind if its too long or wieghted.
:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:54 pm 

The min lure wt is only 1oz which may not work for fresh waters if you plan to use small spinners and similar baits, ie. unless you are gunning for bigger guys in freshwaters. The reel is probably good for both, if you get a spare spool, spool it with thinner line and maybe you can use it for fresh and main spool for salt. If the freshies are small-med sized guys around you, you could even get a cheaper china rod and have it for fresh water and beefstick for salt. Beefstick felt heavy for me, try uglystick.

Last edited by jokuji on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:15 pm 
Fishaholic

good advice by jokuji, I second the spare spool option for the same reel and since its a heavier outfit try using much thinner line for freshwater around Pune as you'll mostly end up into medium sized fish.