->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:33 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: PENN Battle 6000
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:51 pm 

I friends, recently I have got a new PENN Battle 6000 Spinning reel. Bu,t like my other spinning reels,it doesn't have any anti-reverse lock. any suggestion; how to use it while need instant hook-up ? generally with my other reels, I use the lock while hooking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:50 pm 

Hi Amit,

I have started fishing with Shakespeare Arsenal spinning reel which don't have anti reverse lock. I did't got any problem with that in instant hookup. The anti reverse lock mechanism only for which reels have the revers spool action. If you used to cast the line with anti reverse unlocked or locked position your drag will be set for the instant hookup right..?. Which means the Penn Battle always will be anti reverse locked position. So you don't have to lock every time before the hookup. Most of the new high-end spinning reels dosn't have anti reverse. You have to set the drag according to the fish which you are targeting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:13 pm 

rimpochey wrote:
Hi Amit,

I have started fishing with Shakespeare Arsenal spinning reel which don't have anti reverse lock. I did't got any problem with that in instant hookup. The anti reverse lock mechanism only for which reels have the revers spool action. If you used to cast the line with anti reverse unlocked or locked position your drag will be set for the instant hookup right..?. Which means the Penn Battle always will be anti reverse locked position. So you don't have to lock every time before the hookup. Most of the new high-end spinning reels dosn't have anti reverse. You have to set the drag according to the fish which you are targeting.

Thanks a lot Rimpochey. I generally fish mulley or, Bowal in river Teesta with spinning system. Where do you do your angling ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:55 pm 

Most of my fishing at rivers and ponds .. 2-3 days in a month will go to sea for surf or rock fishing..Some times pier fishing..I like fishing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:18 pm 

rimpochey wrote:
Most of my fishing at rivers and ponds .. 2-3 days in a month will go to sea for surf or rock fishing..Some times pier fishing..I like fishing..

Ok,Where are U located ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:35 am 

I Am From Kerala,Kochi..