->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:14 pm 

Finally my fishing rod PVC tube with printed art work on it and the carry case with sling is ready. Its a home made design I crafted with help from a local tailor especially for the carry case which is made of good quality synthetic leather/end zipper style cap opening/closing . It comfortably carries a 6 feet+ 2 piece rob. The rod tube is 3 inches diameter PVC pipe which has a length of 45 inches/slightly less than 3.9 feet.

The motivation to work this out was primarily that initially was planning to buy a ravel rod to take around , but as a beginner then decided to keep just one rod for time being till I gain some more experience so wanted something good to carry it around.

Commercially available stuff were all expensive or rather never really found any good carry case even from reputed brand fishing rods.

The PVC tube on its own didnt look attractive to be carried around , so did some artwork on it and has the IA logo also on one side and hope I am okay to use its as a member. Its got both sides caps with sponge inside for cushioning as well.

The carry case for tube has a zipper opening/closing and a nice heavy duty sling. I travelling recently and took this carry case around and was very comfortable and well looked more like a professional carry case . And the cost was very very economical to try out . Thought of sharing for benefit of all.

Finally modelled myself to show how its makes carry the fishing rod around easier.

Hope you guys like it.

Rgds

Vipin
Chennai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Nice DIY work. Looks great. However black may not be the best option for fishing tubes.....you may be mistaken for carrying a bazooka :-)

Nice to see the IA logo on the tube.

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 pm 

Thanks Bops for feedback.

Next time will surely try a different colour , this time black was the only good quality material available.

Rgds

Vipin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Vipin,
nice work. How did you manage those caps and where you got the Indian angler poster? Its really looks like a professional work. Why don't you help people like me by selling your product.....

TL,

Pradeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 am 

Pradeep

Thanks to see many of you like it and yes its homemade / lowcost and fits anyone's budget for a good travel cover . I made it just for my use and have plan to for commercial or something. But yes as and when I get time would'nt surely mind making few for some of you . The tube sling cover can be easily done , let me know the PVC tube specs and whether what I have the same is okay for measurements . Accordingly will try to get one done sometime shortly and PM you other details.

Rgds

Vipin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:54 pm 

Great job Vipin... and great modelling form you too :-). [smilie=coolup.gif]
You look like a commando (minus the camouflage)... and as Bops rightly said might be mistaken for carrying a bazooka!!

Just curious to know... How did you manage the stickers of "Indian Angler"
-Pradeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:08 pm 

Awesome work Vipin, I too am working on making a carry case for 2-3 rods. I looks very professional and competitive for brands, its quite marketable too !. PM me your contact details will take some tips.

Regards,
Ashish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:47 pm 

thanks Pradeep....the logo just downloaded from IA site on printed on high quality colour self sticker paper / colour laser print and offcourse the stickering work took some precision hand work.

Ashish...All the best on your efforts and also any help needed from my side , will surely do. Have PM my details.

Rgds

Vipin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Vipin,

It is really a great DIY. Planning to do one but looking for the bag material and tailor can be another story. By the way I'm a malaysian based in chennai.
Great job Vipin