->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Please check this video out..

http://vimeo.com/37644365

also please sing the petition to mr.sharad pawar. (below)

http://greenpeace.in/take-action/save-o ... php?tyf=fb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Didn't get it... the crew was Taiwanese but the ship Indian... so the owner should be Indian too ?(and not Taiwanese) or is it the vessel has a fake name (its actually Taiwanese ) ? :( confused...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:35 pm 
Fishaholic

raka wrote:
Didn't get it... the crew was Taiwanese but the ship Indian... so the owner should be Indian too ?(and not Taiwanese) or is it the vessel has a fake name (its actually Taiwanese ) ? :( confused...

Yes Indian owner. but in this case it is actually owned by Taiwanese company. And many others do the same i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 pm 
Fishaholic

The ship and crew were Burmese!
I am trying to find the page I read the report, It also mentions that 120-220 million dollars a year are stolen from our water and tiny juvenille tuna are being massacred so they can be tinned and displayed at the grocers shop, I have been reading such articles and I promise to not eat Tuna again! I love it and have used it in much cooking from salads to sandwiches but when I read whats being done for it! real sad! I'd rather not eat htis particular species for the tim being.

Regards,
Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:40 pm 
Fishaholic

something wrong somewhere. Maybe read another article, there are many pages about what is happening at indian seas and oceans. I don't see where its mentioned an Indian owner, Can you please share the link Darryl would like to read.

Regards,
Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
The ship and crew were Burmese!
I am trying to find the page I read the report, It also mentions that 120-220 million dollars a year are stolen from our water and tiny juvenille tuna are being massacred so they can be tinned and displayed at the grocers shop, I have been reading such articles and I promise to not eat Tuna again! I love it and have used it in much cooking from salads to sandwiches but when I read whats being done for it! real sad! I'd rather not eat htis particular species for the tim being.

Regards,
Omesh

http://www.greenpeace.org/india/en/Pres ... ndian-EEZ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:43 pm 
Fishaholic

its more or less like our waters are being exploited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm 
Fishaholic

its more or less like our waters are being exploited due to clumsy govt rules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Signed the petition! Let hope some one from out ministry act seriously on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks for the link, I swear I saw a similar page which mentioned the crew was Burmese and they tried to communicate in thai, taiwanese and english but they didn't speak the languages and then found out they were Burmese, I've asked everyone I know to sign the petition, can't wait to see what happens once the 50k mark is reached.

Our water are not just being exploited, there is a r word that I would refrain from using due to profanity, however that would be the right word to describe whats happening.

Found the link to my read

http://www.greenpeace.org/international ... log/39182/

Regards,
Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:35 pm 
Fishaholic

so if we look at the dates, the 23rd and the 28th and the countries that are involved, I'm just wondering this is what had been found, what about the one that haven't? I'm sure the ratio is more as one Esperanza can't cover everyplace all the time! I urge fellow anglers to go through the site! the findings are alarming! Its personal choice but if you can help tuna by not eating it for sometime till they can replenish would be nice!

Its real sad because of we calculate 1+1 is 2 and 2+2 is 4 here its a set number + an unknown number, that's one bit of demographics the other bit is that if a few vessels are depleting fish worth 200million USD we don't have the regions and the ships/boats involved in the exploitation of our waters, and the figures could very well translate to billions.

I just hope whatever greenpeace is doing, god helps them achieve their goals faster and not at a time where they have to consider culturing fish in the sea to replenish stocks.

I wish angling can be enjoyed for generations to come! I wish we too can fish different species without having to travel miles! and be rest assure the shoals of the species being targeted will hit our spot rather than it always being the other way around.

Regards,
Omesh