->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 pm 

Hi! Guys,joe here from shillong . Used to watch a lot of fly fishing videos,read a lot of books but i think what i need is the practical part . my place has a lot of rivers and streams which i think would be very suitable for fly fishng. We do have our own local method of fly fishing where we used live fly,grass hoopers,ants etc. Which are very tempting for the chocalate masheer an idegineous species in our state,which takes the bait on the surface but what i have always wanted to learn is the fly fishing technique seen and admired in all the videos i have watched. I would be very grateful for any help i can get. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Pls PM Bobbychyma...

Post subject: Fly Fishing
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:21 pm 

Hi Joe

Once you get the hang of it, you will stop all other forms of fishing like me....you do need to have someone show you the basiscs and then you can go on from there. Its recommended to have some professional instructions...casting looks easy on the videos but its a technique that needs to be mastered especially double haul where you can cast long distances even aginst some wind. Self was in Bombay last month for a day spent with Alibhai and some fly casting techniques

Will be in India once again in December...more than happy if we can meet up...do PM me if you need any further details...

Carlton