->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:18 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: DAD I LOVE U
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:40 pm 

This Post is entirely dedicated to my Dad & all Dads who were instrumental in their sons or daughters fishing. Dad is unable to raise his hands above his shoulders since an auto rickshaw accident two years ago and this means not much fishing for him. He was entirely responsible for the love of the outdoors instilled in me on various fishing trips to amazing spots in Poona. Most of these spots are long gone...like the Aund river, Katraj lake and Empress Garden Canal. All of those trips were on cycles. Nonetheless I know Dad has enjoyed every trip we made in the last three months and the fish we caught.
Last fishing trip with Dad before he left back to Poona after a three month visit to Oman. This trip also included the family and a few close friends. Did not Kayak as much as I usually do but did go out for an hour. The terrain that I am fishing looks absolutely hamour habitat as there are huge rocks below with the depth between 20 and 30 feet. Until now had never hooked a hamour. Most likely reason was that the fly was always moving (since I troll the fly around 70 feet behind the kayak). Almost all the fish caught until now were trevally and one spot snapper. Decided to slow the kayak to almost a stop position. This allowed the fly to sink. After a minute started to kayak and immediately got that all too familiar hamour savage pull and then turning back to get under the rock. Since the hamour were not that big and the drag quite firm was able to easily surface the hamour. This method produced three lovely hamour. All three released immediately after a quick photograph.
One positive side of this trip was that the entire family & friends enjoyed the kayak . Have added photographs of our two daughters enjoying a single seat kayak.
Cheers
Carlton

She Is beautiful

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hamour Habitat

1st Hamour

2nd Hamour

3rd Hamour

Amazing Colours

Another Angle

Trevally on a Clouser

Daughters Having Fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 am 
Fishaholic

Awesome pics there Carlton. Is this near the Crowne Plaza??? These spotted groupers are priceless and are already being over fished. Thanks for releasing them. Now that I have your number will buzz you if I have plans to come down to Muscat. Would love to learn some fly fishing from you.

I am deeply saddened about the accident that you DAD had and his inability to go fishing. Nevertheless a son like you will always make him proud. I have s similar story to tell but not today.

Cheers- DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:32 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks for that post mate, good to read and i hope you and your dad have many more happy fishing trips together,

all the best, Scott

Post subject: flyfishingoman
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:34 pm 

Hi Dezz

Always welcome to Oman. You have my contacts

Hi Scot

When are you coming to Oman!!!Have been enjoying all your posts

Carlton