->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 am 
Enlightened

Put it on my other fishing forums and thought i will share my report with my fellow IA fishos

Being my father in laws last weekend in Melbourne and with a donut trip last month i was keen to put him on to some fish and was looking at few options, Altona was on the plate but with the netters being through few days before put my confidence down for that area a bit.....received a call from Dino( Outback yak) that there are some squid being caught in Olivers hill and decided to go there for some nice company and squid

My daughter was awake in the night and did not sleep till 12.....after a few snoozed alarms woke up at 4am and picked up some brekkie at hungry jacks to keep my eyes open and headed to Olivers hill, it was still dark and started setting up the kayak and launched at 6:15 at first light....not to mention Dino arrived 15 minutes later than me and was in water before me :oops:

Started peddelling in and Dino already had his first squid......soon after my father in law said the lure is stuck and started reeling in and his first ever fish at 65 years :yahoo: started drifting again and caught 10 squid in the next hour.....saw some bait ball in about 7 meters of water and my squid jig was hammered and pulling line harder( 6lb line with 6lb leader) and had few head shakes and thought could be a good squid but to my surprise it was a undersize pinkie and it had engulfed the squid jig so deep that i could not pull it out without bleeding him :( was confused on what to do but cut the line close to knot and let it swi away as i do not want to get booked for a undersize fish but this fish was probably gonna die of the jig struck hard deep in the throat :roll: What to do when a undersize fish is hooked badly and goin to die of pain?

My Mrs dosent eat squid so thought i would drify for some flatties or pinkies and went a bit deeper into 8 meters of water and saw massive bait schools, had so dropped a tutleback worm and had underzise pinkies hit the lure everytime before the lure hit the bottom and they were ripping the plastic apart each cast.....so decided to trol rapala taildancers and started trolling got couple of 30cm pinkies and couple of flathead on the lure

So decided we will call it a day and changed back to squid jig to troll for squid on the way and came through a nice patch and landed another 5 within 20 minutes, was tired by then and decided thats enough squid and came back to the shore.

All in all it was a great day on the water, Thanks Dino.....My father in law can now go back with some good fishing memory :up:

All in all was a great day on the water, thanks Dino ....my father in law can go back now with some good fishing memory.

ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us[/quote]

Mods let me know if the first pic is ok? or is is considered gory :(

Last edited by viperdevil on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Sorry buddy as per forum rules the first and the second pic must go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm 
Enlightened

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
Sorry buddy as per forum rules the first and the second pic must go.

Done, now i understand which ones i can post and cannot.