->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:25 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:07 pm 

Hi
There is small pond in our local aira in we are called it nagamdag the deep is this is almost 40 feets this deep is corner side in center 60 to 70 feets dept this pound full of catla fishes about 5 kgs to 10 kgs and main thing is kai . kai green kai they eait that kai but not our any bait this pound also full of kai on the rock s about 2 or 3 inches thick i was trying lot of time s but failed so what tactis i will use to fish these fishes ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:46 am 
Fishaholic

As catla is a surface/top water feeder and water depth is so high, you can try with float fishing. Try to use kai as hook bait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:14 pm 

Hi
My dear arefin
Catla fishes or not on top surface they are in depts and every five minutes they come and bong... The big sound very big rock s in that pond the rocks are just like a caves in that water then any have very Thanksgiving me a idea i will try and reply to you

Zubair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:15 am 

@zubairhuss...
Buy some maize (the pop corn making one)..
Dip them in hot water for 24 hours..
Then take them out and boil them for 15 to 20 minutes in water.When you boil, add some banana essence or anise essence or pineapple or strawberry flavour essence..Just add 3 drops if you are boiling like 100 - 150 gram sachet..You can make different flavors and keep them in small bottles.When the fish are not biting on one flavor then you can try the other.

Take this boiled corn/maize and make a hair rig with a size 8 hook.On the hair rig try to put 3 corn and a stopper to prevent the corn from coming out..if you are going to use this set up you need a bolt rig setup on the main line..

This will help you catch some catla..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:47 am 

Hi
Moin sir
Thanks alot this is good information for me
I think this is very use full to me

Zubair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:15 pm 
Fishaholic

What happens if you throw in some bread?

I fish for Siamese carp which are very similar to catla. The best method I've found so far is to suspend a cage feeder packed with mashed bread about 30 - 40cm beneeth a float. The hookbait is also bread fished about 8cm below the feeder on a braid leader on the smallest strongest hook that you can get away with. The trick is small baits.
The feeder fished a bit deeper and a longer leader catches rohu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:52 pm 

zubairhuss//

Ken L has suggested a very effective method of float fishing with a cage feeder. If you donot have a float that can support that amount of weight-approx 20 to 40gm (or) if you donot have a cage feeder, you can try a float with a corn on a hair rig. The flavoured corn should be 50 to 75 cm from the peacock quill float or any balsa float that you use. Since the Catla has a small mouth, use small and strong hooks.

Another method is to try this Mixture:
get some flour (200 gm), a half green/yellow banana and some 5 to 6 osmania biscuits/salt biscuits( since you are from hyderabad,India you know which ones are these), rice barn (100 gm)..Mix these with little water and make a hard paste.Add the amount of banana gradually and not wholly. Once you make a hard paste, you can use this on the float technique.before you cast dip this in jalebi sheera/sugar syrup and this will give more results ;)

I have few more methods and i donot want to confuse you with all the ideas now..first try the methods that we mentioned so far..if they work then you can perfect them..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 am 
Fishaholic

Catlas have small mouth :?: :?: :?: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 am 
Fishaholic

"Catlas have small mouth?"

No but they feed by sucking in water and filtering out what they want. They're not going around picking up large food items and eating them - so a small bait that they can suck in is the way to go, If you can suspend that small bait in the cloud of particles falling from a cage feeder, so much the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you Ken. Now i understand it.

regards
Arefin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:32 am 

Sorry, I was thinking about Rohu when typing the message and I meant about Rohu and not Catla..It was in comparison with the Catla and General Carp..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi, I have a coil feeder with a hair rig. But I do not know how to use that and what type of bait is require for this type of rig. Please help me and share your valuable ideas. Can I use that in river or canal?

Regards,

Pradeep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:46 am 

pradeepSWAIn//

Please post a picture of your coil feeder so thaat we can better explain how to use/rig it..
Yes you can use it in river/canal..Cast at places where the water is standstill..Donot cast into running water or where the water is flowing ..Though not a problem but fish tend to hide where there are rocks and the flow of water is less.
Watch for signs that show fish are feeding like bubbles from water or where vegetation is present..
For the groundbait and the type of bait there are plenty of posts in this page..
you can also have a read at my post :..i did cover some aspects and hope they will be helpful to you..!!
http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=#68012

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Rocky bhai,
thank you very much for your info. Below link is the coil feeder.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/1984/Omvzjs.jpg

I saw your pics. 2 hooks in a silver color metal. What is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:00 pm 

Hi
Moin sir
I am going to fish this sunday
With your tips likely osmaniya biscuits
And banana .......
Thanks

Zubair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:39 pm 

pradeepSWAIN//

Thanks for the pic..Looking at the pic, I donot understand why you have a small black colored tube at the left end of the Feeder??
Did you tie it or was it given that way?

Anyways let me explain you how to set the method feeder up. Please see the picture:
http://i60.tinypic.com/27yc30o.jpg

1) You will need two swivels.(look at the later part of the message if you dont want to use two swivels).For the time time being lets assume you have two nice swivels handy.Swivel A - one end is tied to the main line that connects to the rod, the other end to the feeder in-line.Swivel B has one end connected to the popup line and the other end tied to the

2) An in-line wire in the form of a lead core wire or a steel wire or a braided line (30 to 50 lbs) of length 30 cm to 50 or a strong monofilament line. This is the wire you see in the picture which passess thru the hollow tube of the method feeder and at the two ends it is tied to the swivels.
You will need at least this length for the feeder to slide thru the line and auto hook the fish.

3) A popup rigged to a hair rig.You already have this ready.If you want to make your own you can refer to my posts here:
http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=#68012

Also that post have information about the ground bait that you can use.There are many other posts in this forum which describe about groundbait.You can try them as well.

Let me explain the working mechanism for you to understand how this rig works:

Let's assume you cast your method feeder with ground bait and popup/boilie tied.You free your hands by putting your rod onto the Rod holder and start watching your rod/carrying on other activity.
When the carp picksup your popup and turns around/moves, the method feeder will slide thru this line and it will slide till it reaches the swivel A.At this point the sliding weight of the method feeder and the stop by the swivel A will cause the hooking into the fishes mouth.Then you will see your rod bending down and see the tugs of the fish.At this point start reeling your fish to the shore.

NOTE : Try to make a bank rod holder and take it with you for carp fishing.many carp anglers donot realize its importance.It is a must.Get a Steel pipe 2.5 inches diameter and 12 inches long. Also get a steel rod 1 cm diameter 20/25 inches long.Have the steel rod welded onto the steel pipe as in the picture below.The welding shop can help you in sharpening one end of the rod.This is a cheap and very effective method for holding your rod once you thrown your ground bait+boilie/corn bait. The same can be used for any shore fishing. Make sure your rod holder is firm in the ground.I have seen carps that took with them huge rods+reels.
Your Rod holder setup should look like this:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229 ... icture.jpg

If you donot want to use two swivels you can pass the main line thru the hollow tube of the feeder and tie it to the swivel B.on the other side of the hollow tube place a small stopper like a lead shot on the line (it should be 30cm to 50 cm from the swivel B).May be it was tied as a stopper instead of swivel A.Check that the distance between black tube and swivel B is more than 30Cm.

I hope I have provided a detailed explanation about the usage of the feeder and the rig.

The Two hooks with aluminium foil/Tin foil is a type of lure to catch freshwater and sea fish.I make my own cheap lures to catch fish.

I have explained here how to use this one :
http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=5325

//Moin

Last edited by rocky_moin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:41 pm 

zubairhuss//

Were you able to catch any ?
let us know..Will guide you till you catch one ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:23 pm 

Hi
Moin sir

Yes yes i was fish a big fish about 4 kg last sunday it is amazing you tip is working thanks alot

Zubair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:24 pm 

Hi
Moin sir

Yes yes i was fish a big fish about 4 kg last sunday it is amazing you tip is working thanks alot

Zubair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 pm 

Hi Zubairhuss

Congrats on your catch..!! Glad you caught it..!!
Which method did you try?
The corn bait or the Dough bait with osmaniya biscuits/salt biscuit and banana ?

Did you try the hair rig or the bait on hook?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:32 pm 

Hi
Moin sir

I have use rice brand and banana and osmaniya biscuits not sheera single hook and float peacock quill asimple method of fishing

Zubair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 pm 

Hi
Moin sir

I have use rice brand and banana and osmaniya biscuits not sheera single hook and float peacock quill asimple method of fishing

Zubair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:37 am 

Zubair//

Next time try this.Buy two slices of any fruit cake that are sold in chai/tea stores or any bakery (dont have to buy a cream cake or cool cake, a simple cake slice is enough).With One Slice make small to medium sized pieces and try to throw them in a particular area in the pond..
Once you do that, wait for some time (like 30 minutes to 1 hour).In the meanwhile start making your atta/flour,rice bran,banana, salt biscuit mix.Once you make this and take a bit of it to attach on your hook, take your second cake slice and take a small bit of it(small bit of it, less than the size of your bait mix in your hand).Mix this small bit of bait you made with this small piece of fruit cake and now put it on the hook.This method will get you more and bigger fish next time..

Another way is instead of Banana use two fruit cake slices with the atta/dough,salt biscuit,rice bran..Mix them together well to make your hook bait.Mix the cake last. But take extra slice with you to throw for the fish in a particular area.

Try these methods and tell me how many you caught.. ;)