->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:00 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Murells or Malli
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 am 

Mr. Basharat has given the question some days before of how to catch murells but not the malli. I replied to him that you have to go to a lake that only has murells. There are some lakes like this in hyd region. But many lake is having both fishes. So what can you do?

Since I am not an expert I will tell like this and the experts on the forum may please correct my technicks.

1. Murells normally go for spinners.
2. Malli normally go for spoon
3. In catching murells usually throw spinner near to rocks, plants, trees
4. Foe murells throw spinner near to above and bring back slowly
5. In catching malli usually throw spoon to centre of water and let it sink to bottom before pulling back with reel
6. when pulling back spoon let it go up and down as pulling continues

Easy to tell when is murell or when is malli is on hook. Murells is taking jig-jog path where malli is taking straight line out to middle in terrific pull.

This is a 11.4kg malli I caugth in same lake as I mentioned to Basharat and Arif that has both fishes. Sorry for quality as it was taken with my phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Murrel Master,

First of all im not Arif but Arish :P

I beg to differ with your view that murrels normally go for spinners, last sunday we went to fishing and found out one of the most tempting spot of murrels(location: top secret ;) it is just one of the many more spots dotting in and around Hyderabad), caught 6 murrels in span of just one hour that day. All of them are caught by one person using spoon where as i only used spinner hoping that it too can attract murrel and nothing happened. I tried different speeding levels as well as a mix of fast and slow speed yet nothing and the one who is using the spoon made by uncle in home is working like a charm. Missed my luck :roll:

Also seen one murrel doing somersault twice, i was standing very next to him who hooked this murrel, shit i should have recorded the video. What a joy it has given :shock:

Will post the detailed report of the trip soon.

Thanks and Regards
Arish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am 
Fishaholic

And congratulation for that huge malli. Breathtaking! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:02 am 

Sorry Arish, I am misatken your name since Arif sounds like a hyd Musalman man and Arish is like of Delhi or something like panjabi.

As to spinner and spoon, you can see my results and 99% of murells have been caught on spinner. May be you are not using proper spinner or have not the right technics to pull back. But as I am saying I am not a expert so the experts like yourself and Dr. sir can allways correct my technics. With same spinner in one day 6 houers fishing I have catch 29 murells (please note all people who complain that 26 have been release). Arish miyan, aap spinner istemal karo barabar, zabardast murell milenga. Spinner=zannat results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:48 am 
Fishaholic

That was a huge catch. Congrats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:00 pm 

congrats....haven't seen a mulley that big!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:04 pm 
Enlightened

t7srinivas wrote:
Spinner=zannat results.

:P Like this! and fantastic catch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:25 pm 
Fishaholic

[quote= Spinner=zannat results.[/quote]

Wah Wah, kya khub kaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi mate,

Your observation are valid up to an extent and stay true generally. Actually Murrel and Mulli, both are predators and often share the same hunting grounds and characteristics.

To add to what you have already stated above, it is really great to target these fishes at the time of dusk, from the fringe, near any ambush point.

Your catch is phenomenal and we all dream about catching such fish.

Heartiest congratulations.

Regards,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:54 am 
Fishaholic

Mr Murrel Master,

There is nothing wrong in misspelling my name as it is a common mistake in the beginning

How can i be an expert when i myself is in a learning phase. The techniques i used is just cast the spinner, wait for few seconds until it proper to reel back. When im reeling back, the tip of the rod will bend as if the lure is pulled by strong flowing water or something small get caught in it and the spinner is spinning normally. Also while reeling back, the tip of the rod should be below the body and on either left or right side. All this is taught to me by uncle. I knew spinner is more effective but on that day it kept me contemplating on why spinner didnot work but spoon. Perhaps it might be that my spinner is not the right one.

The spoon is a modified version of Salim Bhai's style spoon, uncle attached something that mimic like the tail of silvery fingerlings.

Insha Allah spinners ko aur acha barabar istemal kartoun abse. :D

Shukriya for your kindness in helping me out in understanding the difference. :D

Thanks and Regards
Arish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:50 am 
Enlightened

thank you for sharing your experiance..great malli.as far as my experiance i got both murrel and malli on spinner.