Mr. Basharat has given the question some days before of how to catch murells but not the malli. I replied to him that you have to go to a lake that only has murells. There are some lakes like this in hyd region. But many lake is having both fishes. So what can you do?
Since I am not an expert I will tell like this and the experts on the forum may please correct my technicks.
1. Murells normally go for spinners.
2. Malli normally go for spoon
3. In catching murells usually throw spinner near to rocks, plants, trees
4. Foe murells throw spinner near to above and bring back slowly
5. In catching malli usually throw spoon to centre of water and let it sink to bottom before pulling back with reel
6. when pulling back spoon let it go up and down as pulling continues
Easy to tell when is murell or when is malli is on hook. Murells is taking jig-jog path where malli is taking straight line out to middle in terrific pull.
This is a 11.4kg malli I caugth in same lake as I mentioned to Basharat and Arif that has both fishes. Sorry for quality as it was taken with my phone.