->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:51 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:41 pm 

What max size can Indian sankedhaed grow . coz i'v been hearing rummer of 15 to 20 kg , i have been hooked 1000's of snakehead frm past 13yrs n not seen any of them more than 6 to 7 kg's but never encountered any of this gaint of 15 to 20kgs did not even find any proof net r wiki . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OSAMg4qChA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:46 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp4iwgIR ... el&list=UL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 pm 
Fishaholic

they used to be found a generation ago.. and i here they are still rarely found in some places.. but those days are gone use our fore fathers hunted they heavily and also "development" has taken its toll.. so if we continue to target the big ones now.. and not put back a few .... we will not the find the sizes we see today.. imagine telling your kid one day.. "in my time we used to have six and seven kilo murrel.. now what do you get?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Superlike reply Hamour...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Sayed saw your video. Lots of fish there. You seem to be an accomplished angler. The best pic was that of the Murrel in water. Keep a few for cooking and release the rest. You will enjoy this sport better then.

Jeen

Post subject: hey...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:49 pm 

thanks jeen n yes now m not angling for snakehead coz now m in the search of mighty mahseer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:34 pm 
Fishaholic

The mighty masheer is more endangered than snake heads. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:13 pm 
Fishaholic

michaelaga wrote:
The mighty masheer is more endangered than snake heads. :D

hehehehe :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:23 am 

The Mahseer is no longer on the endangered species list and the ecological balance is sustained.

for more details check out this

http://www.fao.org/docrep/005/y3994e/y3994e0p.htm

http://www.fao.org/docrep/005/y3994e/y3994e0n.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:18 am 
Fishaholic

[quote="syed usman"]The Mahseer is no longer on the endangered species list and the ecological balance is sustained.

If your statement is true, then why is mahseer fishing totally banned in Karnataka, but not other fish :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm 

My Dear Friend Michaelaga if masheer fishing is totally banned in Karnataka then why only in forest limits it is secured why not in other region , mahseer is found allover cauvery like downstream of KRS every day many local anglers do fishing for mahseer n u also find mahseer in srirangapatana , maricolla , nagaramadu , ramsawamyanekate , bannur , ranga samudra , hemge , upper n downstream of talkad n many more . u can also find mahseer is other rivers of Karnataka like Tunga , Bhadra , Hemawaty , Suwarnawaty etc...

its not the matter of saving a endangered spices its just the forest department dont want any1els to rule in there limits . if it is so then why only mahseer should be saved there r many spiecs r abt to extinction why dont they save those breed's also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:04 pm 

Approximately 20 percent of the India’s freshwater fish species have become extinct, threatened or endangered in recent years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm 
Fishaholic

But do they fish with a licence? When me and my friends tried to get a licence to fish for masheer we could not in Karnataka.Illegeal fishing happens all over India and is not sport fishing when done with nets and other means. Sport fishing is what this forum is about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

syed .. do you understand the meaning of ulta chor kotwal ko daantein.. buddy.. dont try to justify things... just like you and i put our savings in a bank so that we can utilize it for our future.. similarly we should do the same with the fish we catch.. rather than overdraw our accounts and believe we will still have funds/resources tomorrow... further to that .. by showing the number and size of fish caught and killed .. does not make one "the Man" let alone a "good Angler" ... further the places you fish from belong to everyone.. and is to be shared... so pulling stuff out left right and center is insensitive... take one or two fish.. not more.. lets not have a "starvation mentality"
and lastly just coz the mahseer are not on the endangered list now.. do you plan to do someting to get them back on.. what i mean to say is think before you ink.... cheers bro.. take what is said positively.. no offence intended to you personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:37 am 
Fishaholic

Dear Mr Syed.
Again I ask if the local fishermen buy a fishing licence or not in the many places that you mentoin? Can I go there and get a licence to fish masheer? please answer yes or no. I have been to Samudra and could not buy a licence for masheer fishing. Snakeheards or murrel are available all oner India and are more widespread, but masheer is restricted to very few river systems in the South and North India . This is why I mentioned that masheer is more endangered than snakeheads
regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:20 am 

Dear Hamour
there is also a quote ek sike ke do pehlu... so u've got other side the coin i dint meant that . i was just clarifying that mahseer is not in endangered spices anymore it doset mean that i take all fish home that i hook 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:35 am 

michaelaga
read my Previous post once again , i'v mentioned as local angler's not as fishermen , did not mention of shivanasamudra coz it lay's between forest limits other than that illegal is a term which is applicable only when any kind of govt prohibition is there :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:10 am 
Fishaholic

thanks for the clarification