->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:56 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:47 am 

I am using birage floating frog weedless from a month and got 5-10 bites but none of them in a way i can set the hook .........i was quick on setting the hook after bite but still unable to hook the murrels ............am i doing something wrong ????????

Last edited by bunnyr10 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: go Slowwww
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:18 pm 

Yeah,
you have to go slow on weedless baits plus it needs practice ,you tube some video for better technique on bite detection use long rod ,sense the fish following the bait, the moment u feel tight line ,hook it upwards at-least 2 times(upwards means upwards if u will pull it towards yourself then frog will come towards you because of jerk ultimately you will have tangled line) , if one is invisible to fish even after failed bite the fish will come again. use cod liver oil on silicon baits.

assuming your baits have two hooks with locks in it ,if you don't have them make your bait little heavier , so that when fish make waves it dose not gets sided . further don't throw the bait with power cast it like feather on water,on weed move your rod up and down while retrieving slowly so that it will not struck in weed.

one more thing i noticed is that all the bites you got there are from big fishes because small one are just to greedy they will automatically gets deep hooked. also use leader loop because once they get hooked they will tangle the line in weed ,if you will try to retrieve simultaneously line will broke the then.

regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:40 pm 

thanks for the suggestions ............do remember to meet if u ever come to udaipur . where exactly are u located dude.?

any tips on using spoons in weed .?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:12 pm 

i am from chittaurgah town, well in weed only timber-doodle /jigs with Mister Twister trailer or similar stuff will work.

one can make weedless spoon with the help of rubber bands YouTube it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 pm 
Fishaholic

he hehehehehehhe ........

only Murrels?? Go for Rohu, Katla, Mrigel, Bata, Silver Carp etc man...... :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:56 pm 
Fishaholic

hi bunnyr10, before using frogs that are weedless, bend the hooks a bit outwards so that you can feel the point when you run your fingers over the frog. secondly dont be in a hurry to set the hooks. count till three slowly, reel in the slack and when you feel the weight of the fish, set the hooks hard. using braid helps

regards,

aamir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:41 am 
Fishaholic

Oi Biltu - A fish is a fish, man.. The joy you get in catching a carp is the same joy as someone would get if he catches a murrel... There are different styles of fishing and as a true angler we need to appreciate and encourage it..

I have caught plenty of murrel using a spinner or a scum frog... And trust me, the part of stalking big murrel and catching them is just as interesting as getting the right mix of bait for catching big catla or rohu...

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey nice to meet ur post again here ...... :-)

Now some days i hv tried some spoons for murrels first time in my life.... and the result?? Boredom, frustration, Headache, madness etc etc.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So targeting indian carps with using baits is more better for me.... and Murrels?? that sound evil to me... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Biltu,

Either there were no murrels there or the spoon was too big or not enticing enough,, It happens.. Not all days do we catch fish also..

Lets make a plan to fish .. Will catch all kinds of carp and murrel.. Happy ? :D

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:43 pm 

Thank u guys for ur tips i will surely utilise them.....i have made a homemade feeder for carps hopefully will get some ..i am trying to groundbait and present a hookbait as boiled fermented corn on a hair rig. The feeder is not as neat as ali bhai's but have caught me a small mirgal ..thank u once again for ur kind gesture of helping someone with the same passion.

@biltu....i go after carps too from time to time ..
@ Dr. Amir :- thank u for the tip on tuning the hooks on the lure.
@bobjishanbhu:-thanks for a detailed suggestion...

And i agree 200 % that "A fish is a Fish" :-)