->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: New adventures
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:01 pm 

Hi all,
I have been in India for a month now and finally made it to the coast.
I am travelling india with my young family hopefully till the end of the year.
In Cochin at the moment and working my way up the coast slowly, looking to get advice and share some adventures with some local keen fisherman. I am travelling with quality gear and a few stick baits poppers and soft plastics. Backpacking with family doesnt really allow for a lot of room for fishing stuff. As I have at the moment a 30 lb and 50 lb reel set up I have decided to send the 50lb reel home in the post ( may regret that later)
Can anyone help start me off with some spots neer fort kochi area, if it is worth a shot??
I know Munamban is a good spot for salmon around august september, is it worth a try now for other fish??
Thanks

Post subject: Re: New adventures
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 pm 
Enlightened

Hey there Scully, how's it hangin'?

I recall seeing a bunch of folks fishing this part of the town when I was in Kochi 10 years ago. I don't think there are any restrictions for anybody to wet a line over there. I have seen people fish on both sides of the inlet. I don't remember seeing any structures, if you do happen to see any I would try chucking the lure close to it. But what I do remember is that the water was very murky, probably owing to the recent rain when I was visiting.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:53 pm 

Yeh, thanks mate.
Didnt wet a line unfortunately. Im now in south Goa. Found some good ground and got just the one nice jack. Monsoons arrived so not looking to good!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:19 pm 

Hi Scully,
If you ever around mumbai.... maybe i can join you. Am a fresher water angler but want to learn saltwater angling. Can travel the 150 kms to mumbai or around.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:51 am 

Hi, monsoon ocean is a bit too stirred up now. Was looking forward to fishing the konkan coast south of Mumbai but maybe later in the year is better. I am heading north and possibly might do some fresh water fishing instead. Will message you if im around your area.would be great to have some local knowledge as im not much of a fresh water angler
Thanks,