->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:06 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:43 am 
Fishaholic

I have a used St. Croix Mojo Surf Spinning Rod (10'6", rated to throw 3/4 to 4oz lures). Asking Rs.12,000 (firm) on the rod. This is an excellent rod for distance casting. Shipping and taxes alone will cost you more than Rs.10,000 and hence the asking price is a bargain. I can't ship this rod, but you pick it up in Bangalore.

I have a slightly used Shimano Saragosa 8000 reel in excellent condition. I just serviced the reel and is smooth as silk and ready to fish. The reel is loaded with 30# power pro braid. Asking Rs.10,000 (firm) for the reel. I can ship the reel if you want, but shipping charges extra.

Thanks, Maruthu

Last edited by lure_fisherman on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:32 am 
Enlightened

Hi,
What is the model no of the rod and is it brand new?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Binu, Im interested in the reel. Please hold the same for me.. I will advise on payment and delivery shortly. I will send you a pm on the same.. concerning the rod, let me just check it up and get back asap. thanks .

p.s. please mention the rod specs. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Forgot to mention that the rod is a St. Croix Mojo Surf Spinning rod.

Length 10' 6"
Lure rating 3/4 to 4oz
Line rating 10 to 20 lbs

The rod is a 70/30 split. The top section is about 7 feet in length.
It feels like a 1 piece rod and I paid a lit to get this shipped to India.
But I don't want to ship the rod and hence available for pick up in Bangalore.

I can bring this to Gokarna for pick up if that's half way.

Also, I want the rod to be sold first, because if I sold the rod and not the reel, I can at least use my reel for a future inshore rod that I may buy, but if I sell only the reel, then I have a rod with no reel.

Thanks, Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Binu,
I'm only interested in the reel, as i have a few rods to match it with.
I don't mind waiting will you sell the rod first.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Hamour,

You are confusing my name with Binu's.

The reel is yours if someone takes the rod.

If no one takes the rod within the next month, I shall keep both the rod and the reel. I will keep this gear in my uncle's home in Chennai so that I can fish for GTs from the beach couple of times a month. Planning to go frequently to Chennai starting this July or August.

The only reason I was going to sell this rod was because I mostly fish conventional gear and I just received my Lamiglas XS9MHC rod that I will be pairing with my Abu 6500 C3 CT Mag Elite and Abu 6500 CS Pro Rocket reels for surf casting lures. Also, I was looking to buy a Daiwa Saltiga G travel rod ($215) or if I had some more money then a G-Loomis escape travel rod for exploring the estuaries in Konkan coast for barramundi. Coming season I'm thinking of exploring the remote locations/river mouths/estuaries/rocky beaches in the west coast (in Karnataka) with a Royal Enfield and thought of investing in a travel rod. Otherwise, the St. Croix Mojo paired with a reel like Saragosa 8000 is one hell of a surf casting setup for slinging metal/poppers in to the horizon!!!!

Thanks, Maruthu

Last edited by lure_fisherman on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Oh boy, My apologies Maruthu, i completely miss took you for Binu.
The above is noted. Let wait and see the outcome and proceed accordingly.. If you do end up keeping the setup, no worries.
Wishing you all the best on the konkan exploratory trip! would have loved to join you, if you would permit, but unfortunately, im tied down to work and will only be free mid oct to into nov. this year.
If it is during this time you'd be out and about do let me know and if you wish for a fishing and travelling partner, i could join in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:15 pm 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
Oh boy, My apologies Maruthu, i completely miss took you for Binu.
The above is noted. Let wait and see the outcome and proceed accordingly.. If you do end up keeping the setup, no worries.
Wishing you all the best on the konkan exploratory trip! would have loved to join you, if you would permit, but unfortunately, im tied down to work and will only be free mid oct to into nov. this year.
If it is during this time you'd be out and about do let me know and if you wish for a fishing and travelling partner, i could join in.

No problem Hamour!

I will start to explore from Oct 2014 as I will be getting my bike by July 2014. So I will let you know on my Konkan exploration and you are welcome to join me. Just a question though. How will you commute? Do you also have a bike? If someone has a car, we can share the fuel. What do you think?

Thanks, Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Maruthu! i suppose it will be a bike for me aswell, as that is what i always did whlile i was in India.. there is a possibility that i may score an old van too.. and carry my camping gear along.. if this works out we can go with the second option.. but i'll get to know for certain only by july aug.. hope all aligns well and we can team up recce and fish.. its what i love doing best! do keep in touch! ciao!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Rod is still available for sale at Rs. 12,000/-

If it doesn't go by Friday, then I shall keep the rod and the reel.

Thanks, Maruthu