->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Greetings,

I was at the west coast for a friend's wedding for a couple of days and decided to give fishing a go while I was there.
I thought of exploring some new places and we went to Agonda beach. We stayed in Palolem beach and Agonda beach was close by and there is a nice river that connects to the sea there (Google maps helped). When I went there, I was shocked to see what was going on.... There were like 20 people cast netting at the river mouth. Obviously I did not catch a thing, but I think the bait movement in and out of the river mouth is disturbed by this. I wish that people didn't eat baitfish, at least mullets.... I made a little video and though of sharing!

https://youtu.be/_BPcbyYO_5U

Tight lines!
Maruthu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:10 am 
Fishaholic

Hello Maruthu,

Nice video on YouTube.

Netting at the river mouth, is it a seasonal thing? I have not come across this on my visits to Goa. The shoreline seems bereft of these guys, perhaps you should carry your shorefishing setup also so you can hit the beach.

You are also lucky that your favourite location always delivers the goods. Do I notice Shimano Stradics on your rods?

Regards,
Kingfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:34 pm 
Fishaholic

kingfish wrote:
Hello Maruthu,

Nice video on YouTube.

Netting at the river mouth, is it a seasonal thing? I have not come across this on my visits to Goa. The shoreline seems bereft of these guys, perhaps you should carry your shorefishing setup also so you can hit the beach.

You are also lucky that your favourite location always delivers the goods. Do I notice Shimano Stradics on your rods?

Regards,
Kingfish

Thank you Kingfish and glad you liked the video!

I haven't fished my surf rods in a very long time.
It's about time that I get them out. Besides, I'll be hitting the east coast till the monsoon passes.

Saw one huge Barra chasing mullet there and a big MJ that tried to eat my lure, but missed.
Yes, a Shimano Stradic 3000 on a 6' jigging rod. We bought the setup for Annette, but I fish with it when she's not using it.

Regards,
Maruthu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:26 am 
Fishaholic

Maruthu,
That river mouth with so much bait around, would probably be a good spot to fish at night when there are no netters.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:26 am 
Fishaholic

Good point Binu.
I'll try that spot at night the next time I'm around there. But also like Kingfish mentioned, these netters might not be around during the tourist season time as they may have a day job. It's a beautiful beach and I'd love to go there another time. Hopefully after the monsoon and hopefully those netters aren't around then....