I had a few questions, when do you fish from the beach? Any specific tide or time of the day?
Do you cast only when there is Action visible? Do you cast straight out to the sea or some structure that you are aware of?
And the beach looks quite calm in the picture. Will it work when the beach has waves till quite some distance?
I will try to answer to your questions in the best possible way, but actually it is a little complicated.
1) I mostly do fishing in the evening, because I go to bed late and sometimes lazy in the morning. I have caught many big GT in the morning as well.
But majority of the big strikes were in the evening.
2) I don't rely on tides in our native place. The reason being tides have very less effect in our place. very rarely there will be a 2 feet rise, otherwise it is very negligible difference to notice.
The other reason being I am yet to get an accurate tide chart for my place.
3) Generally after reaching the spot I will observe the place for quite sometime before casting. A few cast in the place will tell whether there is fish or not.
There are many times I have got strike on first cast. If after few casts if there is no bite, we use to sit and chat keeping any eye on the surface.
Once I perceive an action, I will cast. On most instances we have caught fishes like this. More than couple of times we have targeted fish and caught them.
4) I Predominantly fish from rocky structures. I am not doing surf fishing as much as love to do. If I am to do surf fishing I would try near an estuary mouth,
near to a rip/hole. I would look for bait fish concentrations as well.
5) Surf fishing in flat beaches with no turf or structures is challenging. I know the terrain I fish very well.
I have bought Saragosa mainly for surf fishing. I have now a collection of lures mainly for surf fishing. Once I get
a proper rod by the year end, I will do more of surf fishing as I like to do.
Indian Angler wrote:
Ive been using the 832 braid for a few years now and it casts really great. However it is not very good when rocks are concerned.
Fireline seems to be better in those situations.
The loss of few good sized GTs because of braid touching the rock has put off me using braid for sometime. After mastering FG knot the problem is solved.
Also I am better now in fighting the fish around the rocks.