->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:47 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:39 pm 

Hi All,

I'm not entirely sure which forum section is best for this message, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong area altogether. I'll be visiting family near Panjim in Goa from early September and I'm looking to do a little fishing whilst I'm there. To put things in perspective, I'm South African, currently living & working in Oman and my wife is from Mumbai. I haven't been to India for about 5 years now, but I love the country and always wanted to wet a line, but never had a chance until now.

I'm into all forms of fishing, both salt & fresh water, although currently I'm geared up best for throwing lures in the salt. I would LOVE to have a go at some barra's or trevally from shore in Goa, but I have no clue where to begin and would appreciate any advice, or best yet, a partner to show me the local ropes.

Anyone out in that part of the world that would like to meet up with a fellow passionate angler, please drop me a line, it'd be great to hear from you!

Tight lines,
Eugene

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:54 pm 
Fishaholic

I will be in Goa for a week, but only during end of October. We have lot of members for Goa, Surely they will help you out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 pm 

@h_venkatesan, I may still be there by end October, I'm taking some time off work and I'm not sure when I'll be heading back out of India. Drop me a line closer to the time, perhaps we can meet up when you're there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:01 pm 
Fishaholic

[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]
Eugene wrote:
Hi All,

I'm not entirely sure which forum section is best for this message, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong area altogether. I'll be visiting family near Panjim in Goa from early September and I'm looking to do a little fishing whilst I'm there. To put things in perspective, I'm South African, currently living & working in Oman and my wife is from Mumbai. I haven't been to India for about 5 years now, but I love the country and always wanted to wet a line, but never had a chance until now.

I'm into all forms of fishing, both salt & fresh water, although currently I'm geared up best for throwing lures in the salt. I would LOVE to have a go at some barra's or trevally from shore in Goa, but I have no clue where to begin and would appreciate any advice, or best yet, a partner to show me the local ropes.

Anyone out in that part of the world that would like to meet up with a fellow passionate angler, please drop me a line, it'd be great to hear from you!

Tight lines,
Eugene

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:53 pm 

Anyone? Or am I landing at Goa when the fishing's no good?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:16 pm 

*bump* I thought there'd at least be someone out there willing to fish with a Saffa? Ha ha! I guess I'll have to do it the hard way then and go exploring by myself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Eugene,

I feel sorry that no one has been in contact with you ... so where has our famed hospitality towards guests gone?

I can only point you towards getting a fishing guide who ran a charter boat operation in Panjim some years ago, I am not sure if he is there now.

You will have to find his particulars on the internet or from your relatives in Goa.He had a reasonable boat and equipment and took me around the various waters, primarily trolling and the occasional casting .

The fishing was not very good, we missed a couple of strikes and managed to catch a decent barracuda on the troll.

Hope this helps and your trip turns out to be a fruitful one.

Regards,
Kingfish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:05 am 
Fishaholic

Eugene

i dont fish during monsoons, if your there in goa till Oct, than ill take you out fishing [smilie=coolup.gif]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:45 am 
Fishaholic

@ RaMpEr

Thanks, you are a good man for offering to take him out.

Kingfish