Bengals Fishing Baits Varieties :
Hi biltu....still waiting for ur hook bait recipies.....!!!!!
Bengals anglers are very careful about their baits.. a cold war always running between every angler.. and uses of so many types of baits used in Bengal.. I visited most of the pass lakes of Bengal and wodering myself for the use of varieties of the baits… here I am shared some of the most used baits of Bengal, what they called at bengal and there making preparations…..
At first Ground Bait:
1. Peanut oil cake or Rice Husk socked with Matured Rum (For Catla) or Vodka (For Rohu)
2. Tamak Char: Mixed up all and store in a airtight container for 2 months = Butter Recedue, Mohua Flower paste, Coconut Oil, Ghee, Alcohol, Gur (Molasses), Herbs Mixture (ekanki, methi, ghorboch, buchkidana, kangla, lata kasturi, jata munsi, tambul, abubel, kure)
3. Mohul: Mohua flower paste socked with desi alcohol, sweetner and coconut oil.
4. Rasun Khol: Mustard oil cake roasted with Garlic and Coconut oil.
5. Bene Masala: All types of herbs powder with Butter recedue or Mustard oil cake.
6. Coconut Fermented.
7. Paneer Fermented.(for American carp and mrigel)
8. Fire ants egg fermented.(For American carp and mrigel)
9. Hadia wastage. We called it panchui metha.(for American carp, silver carp and briged carp)
10. Lal bakos: Aromatic rice with ghee, coconut oil, hadia tablet powder, mango flavored ginger, ekanki, methi, abubel, ghorboch, kangla, buchkidana, javitri, jaifhul.
11. Sada Bakos: Aromatic Rice with ghee, coconut oil, hadia tablet, garlic paste, green elachi.
12. Butter recedue, we called it makhhan ghad.
13. Katla lei: Corn Powder, hadia, coconut fermented, sweet ghad, polao (used for katla and silver carp)
14. Rohu lei: Rasun khol with lal bakos, coconut fermented and rice. (used for rohu)
15. Charai polao: rice with ghee and some masala…… this is for ground baiting.. and uses with rum or other alcohol with it depending targeting fish types…
And also uses kalo char, gol char, rohu tamak, triranga guthka, afin etc etc … bt all the formulas I didn’t know. That’s all about Bengals ground bait.. some baits missing bcoz every angler and charai shop make their own racipies… but that’s all the basic baits thrown in the water of the pass lake for ground baiting….And yes if any Bengals angler have some extra bait specially north Bengals anglers then plz share with us…. And complete the list…
That’s all for the ground bait… next day I discussing hook bait racipies to all of you…