->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:33 pm 
Fishaholic

you arew right scott things need to spice a bit on indianangler,

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:50 am 
Fishaholic

My most memorable catch is a toss up between a very large mulloway caught in Sydney and a 170 lb.
(estimated) White Sturgeon caught by me on the Fraser River in British Columbia, Canada.

I will vote for the sturgeon as I was dreading catching something so large and was ecstatic in fighting and landing it when it actually happened.

Kingfish

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:38 pm 
Fishaholic

wow king fish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice Sturgeon !!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:48 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER and binu,

Thanks guys .... your turn to stand up and deliver!

Kingfish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:27 pm 
Fishaholic

DEAR COMRADES,

I hooked and landed this 10.5kg BARRAMUNDI in CHENNAI KOVALAM on 31.05.2015

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Wow Kingfish. That is quite an amazing fish there. congrats! But what about the Mulloway...?? It's one of my favourite fish so i'd love to hear the story/ see the pic??

And excellent barra Vijay that is also a great catch! Please tell us a little more about how you caught it...livebait/lure??

All the bes, Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:35 pm 
Enlightened

Well the pic says it... Never knew snakes like prawns too....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 am 
Fishaholic

Hello Scott,

Nice to hear from you ... where are your reports ? I thought you were after giant catfish somewhere in Europe?

Will try and put together a report on the mulloway ... where have you caught them?

Regards,
Kingfish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Kingfish,

I will put up a report soon of the last fishing we have had. Two friends joined me for ten days and we tried for catfish and carp. The tally of fish was pretty good and we managed carp up to 16kg and cats up to 25kg from the river. We were pleased to get most of the cats on lures but unfortunately didn't get the bite from the monster!

I fished for mulloway in South africa (kob) and also on the west coast in Australia. I had hoped to get a big one on a lure but didn't get lucky and had to settle for one on dead bait. I really hope to have another go one day because they really are beautiful fish :)

All the best, Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you Scott,
I been fishing around this particular beach for long time but I could not land the fish though they got hooked. In many occasions it got snapped very near to the shore.
On May 31st I went fishing alone some of my fishing folks were bit busy on Sunday.
The wind was high, I tried using Halco twist lure for some time as suggested by kingfish.
Later I use one of the new popper targeting barracuda but couldn’t get a strike. I change to the my favourite lures Mag dart minnow lures. The time past most of the angler started to take rest. I started to case and in the 4th cast I got the strike and the reel started play its creaking music. I don’t want to miss the fish so I kept the fish away from the rocks. The fight was awesome I thought it was a GT she was running like hell after 12 minute I manage to land her.
The lure was blue sardine Mag dart minnow lures 5 inches.
Regards
Vijayfsher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:50 am 
Fishaholic

@Vijayfisher

Nice detailed report and I am interested to note you are using the Halco Twisty.

Any luck with it?what weights do you have in it and colours?

Kingfish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Excellent Vijay...what a great story! that makes me want to get on the next plane to India :) I wish you some more big barra in times to come :)

All the best, Scott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi kingfish, No luck so far with the metal lures and poppers.
The one I used was 40grms Twisty (chrome ).
I also tired with 75 grams.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Scott, Thank you .
I read about your earlier fishing trips to India and also you’re mastered in landing Barramundi’s too by using soft lures.

Post subject: Big catch for a novice !
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:43 pm 

My biggest catch ..... one windy day this rainy season I went fishing to our local lake. After 2 hrs of bait casting didnt catch a thing. Decided to give a short to casting...but my spoon got stuck in the weeds on the first cast. This spoon was a gift so had to get into the water to get it out. Since i was already wet I decided to swim for sometime as i wasnt catching any fish. (I was swimming very very close to the place where I had been bait casting. I know this is not advisable...but i didnt care as i wasnt even getting bites). After some time i came out of the water and while my Salwar was drying... i put a fresh bait (some atta) and cast the bait about 3 rod lengths, exactly in the same place where i had been swimming just 5 mins ago.
And as i sat down to have my Naswar (tobacco).... there was this wild pull and i had hooked on to this beauty. After about just 5 runs (which is nothing as compared to the fights that Mahseer will give u) I got this beauty out of the water. Was so thrilled that I had caught a big one finally. And that too the evasive Mahseer (we call it the Vaadas here). A big 5 kg beauty. My heart was thumping all the while i was getting it out ...out of fear for i was using a simple cheap telescopic rod with a line that was years old and looked and felt weak....but even though i was a novice...somehow i had the patience to let the fish run as much as it wanted....and then reeled it in. There is nothing like a successful catch !!!
Attachment:
IMG_20150820_194845.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulation for this nice catch. Surely You will catch plenty of them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:21 am 
Fishaholic

Nice Mahseer. Is that Golden mahseer?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm 

@ Arefin & Binu

Thanks for the likes. Im not sure what Mahseer it is.... I recently learned from the net that its a Mahseer... we call it a Vadas here in Nasik. my reason to join here is my love for fishing...and my wish to learn from experienced anglers. Im working hard to learn the Anglers terms for fishes and even for the equipments. Most of it is totally new for me. If anyone of you ever visits nasik would be happy to accompany you fishing.

Irfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Great catch man,
Congrats on that

tight lines

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:44 am 

Thanks Fish4fun..... just caught a 2kg catfish yesterday...my first.... got a pic that isnt really good...will post later.

irfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:12 pm 

Hey people............. this thread had gone dead. Would love to see pics and stories of all you catches. So cmon.... hook some great catches for me..and post the pics.