->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:22 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:54 pm 

Hello anglers,
After a long time on this forum as from last 3_4 years ive been on the bank of mansivakal dam where our upcoming resort is getting (construction ). Ive tried everything to catch a fish.tried all baits from atta to boilies and different lures.groundbaited heaps of bait during this time and didnt got a single bite.
There are carps flashing all around breaking the surface but they dont bite. Most of the time what you get on ur line are crabs(even on atta). The water body is vast and am helpless to help myself.suggest something for catching fish(I decided to target rohu as I can do float fishing and the bait will be safe from crabs.kindly give ur valuable inputs so that I can get over my frustration.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 pm 
Fishaholic

[I decided to target rohu as I can do float fishing and the bait will be safe from crabs][/quote]
Your thinking is correct and surely you will be able to catch your targeted rohus. As the water body is vast you have to bring carps to your swim using ground baits. For your case rotten mustered oil cake tightened with rice bran/husk, boiled rice and soil can work fine. As hook bait wasp learve or red earth worm can be very successful. if you don't able to get them then try bread paste mixed with ghee and honey (ant eggs are highly recommended with bread paste baits as I am a bong angler :D ). As you are targeting rohu use tiny hooks. All the best for your mission and have screaming takes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:44 pm 

Thank you so much for replying and apologies for my delayed response.I tried wheat dough with vanilla and ghee still no luck.I see carps splash the surface .god knows what the fishes wants.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:19 pm 

Hi,
Fish splashing is a sure sign of them feeding on worms or larvae on the surface....... if there is a special area that they feed around at..... this is what u cud try...... u will have to cast plain bread pieces on hooks towards the fishes. do this when they start feeding (splashing).... the carp might just take a bite.... in this case it will be visible...and u will have to tug hard to hook them.
And one more thing..... if this works u need to let me know.

All the best

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:43 am 
Fishaholic

Try ground baiting for a few days before you drop a line in the spot, use the same ground bait, sure you will meet with success, all the best.