->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Greetings,

I gave the unltralight setup a try a few weeks back. I see that it is fun to fish with this kind of setup, though you mostly only catch very small fish. I was with a friend and she was able to catch a few baby trevalies and is now ready to fish slightly bigger setup on our upcoming trips. I am also planning to introduce my nephews to fishing this way. I think it is a great way to introduce your kid/relative or girlfriend into fishing as they get to catch something and it is exiting. Let me know your thoughts.

Here is a video I made of the ultralight fishing. A bit slow video, but I hope that you like it.
I was fishing halco twisty's in the 1.5 grams and 3 grams and a small Duo minnow of some sort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwMr_6CY8YA&t=173s

Cheers!
Maruthu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Having brought up 3 kids who all love fishing at different levels of enthusiasm. The advice advise I will give to those who love this addictive sport is that not everyone will like fishing the way you do, never push it and make sure you take the kids back before they have had enough even though they plead that they want to stay for some more time. This way you ensure that they do not get fed up and are left wanting more. I worked well for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Having brought up 3 kids who all love fishing at different levels of enthusiasm. The advice advise I will give to those who love this addictive sport is that not everyone will like fishing the way you do, never push it and make sure you take the kids back before they have had enough even though they plead that they want to stay for some more time. This way you ensure that they do not get fed up and are left wanting more. I worked well for me.

Thank you Bobby! I'll definitely try my best to make sure that they haven't had enough!
BTW, how do I get sneak back to fishing after I get them back to where ever they had to go :-) :twisted:

Cheers!
Maruthu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Good advice, Bobby.

I have been able to get my son into fishing and now my grandson. Both are not as passionate as I am but there is no telling of the future .... I am glad that I have passed on good sporting values to them which they will never forget.

Kingfish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:16 pm 
Fishaholic

kingfish wrote:
Good advice, Bobby.

I have been able to get my son into fishing and now my grandson. Both are not as passionate as I am but there is no telling of the future .... I am glad that I have passed on good sporting values to them which they will never forget.

Kingfish

Kingfish,

I think a lot of people have picked up fishing from their grand dad than their father and passed it on to their grand children....

Maruthu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:42 pm 
Fishaholic

lure_fisherman wrote:
Thank you Bobby! I'll definitely try my best to make sure that they haven't had enough!
BTW, how do I get sneak back to fishing after I get them back to where ever they had to go :-) :twisted:

Cheers!
Maruthu

When you take the kids out the first few years, your just the caddy mate. You carry rods, water etc and are continuously undoing snags, knots, tying knots and making sure they do not slip etc...it is a full time job in itself. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
lure_fisherman wrote:

Cheers!
Maruthu

When you take the kids out the first few years, your just the caddy mate. You carry rods, water etc and are continuously undoing snags, knots, tying knots and making sure they do not slip etc...it is a full time job in itself. :lol: :lol:

OMG!!!! I was expecting that, but not full time. LoL
My nephews were supposed to visit this June, but my BIL just mentioned that they may not visit us this year :-(
I am still planning to take my 15 Y.O. cousin to the west coast during his 10th holidays. Let's see how that goes....

Maruthu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 am 
Fishaholic

Maybe taking just one kid you can manage, i had three with me most of the time and sometimes four or more, though I had other adults to help at times they were not anglers so they would only watch the kids to make sure they were safe. I had to tend to all the other angling complications you might expect with kids :)